Mocivnik

What are these "holsters" called?

I need one for my axe, knife and few smaller components aswell, but before I start making one, I'd like to (at least!) google for more of them, to get more ideas and become more creative at it aswell.
I got stuck at googling them - cant google by any kind of name it.

post-6335-126265426739.jpg

Edited by Mocivnik

I'm about 40 minutes from "Western Boulder, Colorado", but I've never seen one of those. Nice idea, though, I might make one. You might try searching under the name "scabbard" as well as "sheath". Or any combination of those, referring to Knife and Hatchet or Ax. 

Jeff

I am not sure what I am looking at ... is it a larger pouch with smaller detachable pouches? Can you make out the logo on the top flap? Maybe googling their name or even googling this pic would give you some ideas.

Have you checked out Al Stohlman's books on cases, bags and boxes?

Rocko, there's a broken pic link just above the pic of the pouches, I clicked on that and there is a pic of a combo hatchet/knife sheath/scabbard. Worked for me anyway.

Jeff

18 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

I'm about 40 minutes from "Western Boulder, Colorado", but I've never seen one of those. Nice idea, though, I might make one. You might try searching under the name "scabbard" as well as "sheath". Or any combination of those, referring to Knife and Hatchet or Ax. 

Jeff

Yes, but..scabbard or sheath is just a "leather device to keep knife safe" and not a combination of multiple things such as knife, axe, compass, etc. :/

16 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

I am not sure what I am looking at ... is it a larger pouch with smaller detachable pouches? Can you make out the logo on the top flap? Maybe googling their name or even googling this pic would give you some ideas.

Have you checked out Al Stohlman's books on cases, bags and boxes?

Sorry, the link was broken and the photo I inserted was wrong one. I repaired it now.

I am looking for "packages" which goes on belt or backpack and they keep axe, knife and few more utility items.

15 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Rocko, there's a broken pic link just above the pic of the pouches, I clicked on that and there is a pic of a combo hatchet/knife sheath/scabbard. Worked for me anyway.

Jeff

Combo might be tried. Thanks. But still, anyone seen anything like this before aswell?

It looks to me, like its a specific design made by somebody for their own purpose. Not exactly a widely available idea.

I would start by laying out the items I wanted to carry. Allow some space for wet-forming, then drawing a stitch-line between each item and around the outer edge.

Depending on how you wanted to stow or carry the case, you could place 'D' rings at the top corners so it could be lashed to a pack or attached to a belt or hung on the back of a door/tree/tent pole etc. So many options, its all up to your imagination. 

I see these used by hair stylists to hold their scissors and other tools.  I also have seen gardeners and florists use a similar thing.  There is a fellow at Springfield Leather, Jeff, who wears one and it carries a measuring tape, scissors, knife, pen, etc. so that he has the items handy.

Could be customized to make a lot of folks lives easier, more organized, etc.

appreciating as has been said that this looks like a makers creation to their or a client specifications and without seeing the back... I would call it a bush craft thigh organizer....

That scissors holder is complicated! I notice the scissors are engraved!!

As for the original photo, doesn't look too complicated, although obviously only for a very small axe. Not sure if I'd want to be carrying something like that on a belt for too long as it looks a bit cumbersome. On a backpack is probably a better idea.

No point in asking us in the UK, I cannot think of a time it would be legal to have this on a belt, unless it's on your own few hectares.

Sorry I have no suggestion for web search.

H

Try multi tool or combination tool leather sheath

YinTx

Awhile back, a guy was talking with me about making a "Wookie Belt". He described a bandolier type belt with his field gear (knife, hatchet, FAK, tarp, blanket, canteen, etc...) I don't know if anything came of it. 

Edited by BruceWampler
Cause I drank more coffee.