Acox

scarf slide Help on how to make

Howdy trying to figure out how to make a scarf slide. What do you use as the inner slide? looking at pictures I think I saw some using metal and others leather. I have some cooper tubing would that work? Do you need to the kangaroo or rawhide knot with anything to hold it together??

different weights (schedules) of PVC pipe for different size scarf cores then shape with colored duct tape, then braid

If you mean a slide such as that used in what used to be the Boy Scouts of America, then you don't even have to have an inner sleeve unless you want to.  I've seen a simple leather ring work just fine.  Are you going to tool it?

I don't think there is anything special required unless I'm misunderstanding what you are looking for.  You could also make a leather ring and fasten a concho to it for decoration.

You could use lace to braid or weave a decorative slide. Use a piece of pipe, broom handle, bundle of pencils or whatever comes to hand at the right diameter. Slide it off once its completed, then finish all over with your choice of leather dressing.

Great ideas all, I think I know how to get the project started now.  Like the pvc idea for sizing and I'm going to try and use kangaroo leather and rawhide to braid a button over the pvc and tape.

I would suggest doing a Turks head.  You can make it as tight or as loose as you see fit and it will stay that way

I think a form of turk's head is used as the scout woggle in the UK.  

For info, I use a piece of PVC pipe to do my pineapple knots on and then slide it over whatever.  So much easier that way. :)

I do mine with a 2 or 3 pass Spanish ring not.

Thank you all, I've been off work with medical issue of a knee replacement gone bad. Infection took over my leg and I almost lost a leg but now infection is on the run even though I'm not running yet since they had to take out the replacement making me without a knee joint at the moment so have time to braid. So far bracelets is all I've done while I'm trying to learn how to braid and work knots again. Few years back made a matching color set of romel reins & hobbles so got pretty good at knots, restarting this hobby I've found out that working a knot is not like riding a bike and never forgetting. Learning all over again.