dtklunk

pfaff 335-h3-6

I just bought this Pfaff 335, I believe old casting.  Any help with owner manuals or parts manuals would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows what the largest thread and needle combo that i can run. Currently I'm trying to run 138 thread and 134-35LR Nm 130/21 needle. The needle is a tight fit. I've been watching videos and timed/adjusted needle/hook.

I've had a servo motor put under it but i'm currently looking for a speed reducer also if anyone can point me in the right direction as to which too buy. Thanks

IMG_8863.JPG

IMG_7450.JPG

Hi There, i have it in pdf so Pm your email and i will send it, otherwise you could look here in the search box and put Pfaff 335 and i am sure you will find the threads talking about the manual and parts for the old casting. That looks like it was from a factory and had a hard life?? If things are tight with your needle you might need another feed dog with a bigger hole. If you have a needle positioner on your machine then it might not work with a speed reducer, at least that is what i have heard??

Edited by jimi

Thanks i sent email address 

@dtklunk Moved your post to leather Sewing Machines.  You'll get more responses here.  I see from your IP address that you are located in or near Hanover, Pennsylvania, 17331.  It is a good idea to add your location to your profile so members can refer you to suppliers that are closer to you.

Tom

19 hours ago, dtklunk said:

Currently I'm trying to run 138 thread and 134-35LR Nm 130/21 needle.

That combination should be #138 thread using a #23 needle for leather, or a #22 needle for cloth or vinyl.

Thanks Northmount, i did not see that when i set up the thread. i also set up profile.

Thanks Wizcrafts, I'll order the larger needle and try that.I went off they're size recommendations.

27 minutes ago, dtklunk said:

Thanks Northmount, i did not see that when i set up the thread. i also set up profile.

Thanks Wizcrafts, I'll order the larger needle and try that.I went off they're size recommendations.

I find that a #22 needle doesn't cut if in veg-tan, with #138 thread top and bottom. It really takes a #23/160 needle to open up enough hole to pull the knots up between the layers. OTOH, a #22/140 can hide the bottom knots in soft chap or motorcycle seat leather. And, order leather points for leather and round points for cloth and vinyl.

Jimi's right about the needle positioner, which I see is fitted. They generally don't work with most servos as far as I can tell (certainly not with mine) if you fit a speed reducer. Mine is an old casting, same as yours, and while I got it to work with #138 it is much happier with #69. The stitch length on mine is also pretty short, which doesn't help with thicker thread. I believe some of these older models may have longer stitch length than others, but given most seem to be set up as binders I guess a short stitch length is all that's needed.

dtklunk,

Early Pfaff 335's had only a 4 mm stitch length max.  I think yours is 6mm because of the N in the model plate.  Send us a pic of the reverse lever and the plate behind it.  H3 so 11mm lift of foot, B   means a B class which is for lighter material, S for  cloth.  No M which is safety clutch, no P for 4 motion drop feed.  She is dirty. I would go thru and clean it up, check for worn parts and even repaint it..  But that's me.

glenn

I'm having some trouble with my stationary foot hangin up in top position.  i don't know what to call the part that its hanging up on. I took it apart to clean it up and oil it but i found that the position makes a difference on how hard it is to turn over. any help on how to set it up right? 

IMG_7764.jpg

2 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

dtklunk,

Early Pfaff 335's had only a 4 mm stitch length max.  I think yours is 6mm because of the N in the model plate.  Send us a pic of the reverse lever and the plate behind it.  H3 so 11mm lift of foot, B   means a B class which is for lighter material, S for  cloth.  No M which is safety clutch, no P for 4 motion drop feed.  She is dirty. I would go thru and clean it up, check for worn parts and even repaint it..  But that's me.

glenn

any suggestions on what to clean it up with?  Whats the max i can expect this machine to handle (thread/needle and veggie thickness).  The local sewing shop put a SV-71 servo motor under it since the earlier pic because the original motor was 3 phase. Will the speed reducer help the machine punch through easier?

new.jpg

Damn.  It is an early Pfaff 335 and  has only a 4 mm stitch length max.  That means the 6mm stitch length on the model plate number should read 6n for a 6mm max. stitch length.  I was wrong.  This old girl is going to need a massive clean on to get it back to good sewing status.   Be prepared to do that.

glenn