Sign in to follow this  
Denhamjeans23

4ft Redhide Stock Whip

Recently purchased a whip making kit from a travelling saddlery that came to visit our cattle station in NW QLD. Just finished up the work on the handle tonight and I'm feeling pretty pleased with my efforts, even though the hard part of cutting the whip itself was already done. It might not be the prettiest whip around but it sure goes crack alright.

4ft whip.jpg

G'Day...from the west :) 

Looks like a Brian Nemeth whip and looks quite good.  Well done :)  A skill I have yet to master. 

I have a 7' Brian Nemeth that I bought from a saddlery here in WA  to practice with before judging at a show. Hit myself on my butt numerous times....ouch !! I learnt real quick   !!   :rofl:  For anyone watching, it would have been quite entertaining  :) 

HS 

Thanks! This one is from a Kent Saddlery kit, but I think that most redhide whips are pretty similar to be honest. 

I had the exact same "learning experience" after I bought my first whip a couple years ago (the exact same size Nemeth whip too) :lol:. These shorter whips are great for giving the backs of your knuckles a touch up when you miss-time a crack