Hockeymender

Ultimate thread stand.....where to get?

Would really like one of these, if they are available. Wondering if it’s something Rolls Royce had special made?

F1D45DC9-36A9-4C89-A9B5-4A7CBBDD2FC5.jpeg

That's pretty cool, and doesn't look like it'd be difficult to replicate with basic tools. I wonder if those rods across the top are notched deliberately or if that's from wear over time.

It looks like they are holes to allow the thread to come straight up off the spools.

kgg

Dust / dirt trap..unless you are using a lot of each colour thread daily..dusty /dirty thread is not good..

Just now, mikesc said:

Dust / dirt trap..unless you are using a lot of each colour thread daily..dusty /dirty thread is not good..

My machine / thread is covered with clear plastic when not in use ;)

Looks like easy enough to make with a piece of plywood and some light dowels ...

I have something similar that i made from some aluminium rod and a few stationary type trays i had for years lying around in a bag. the top of the rod has a  saw cut, then splayed opened slightly to stop it from falling through.20190401_185039.jpg.991b9bdfcae64a647ffaf8a7f4a0201d.jpg20190401_185100.jpg.5b7f293473cc743084851d4c151e2e2d.jpg

Edited by jimi

2 hours ago, Matt S said:

That's pretty cool, and doesn't look like it'd be difficult to replicate with basic tools. I wonder if those rods across the top are notched deliberately or if that's from wear over time.

I think they might be holes for the thread to come through?

My machine / thread is covered with clear plastic when not in use ;)

My machines and thread is / are covered too..thread cones are even covered in use..
Looks like Jimi's are too.. :)..
I agree the design in the OP is simple..quick to make in wood or aluminium ( note the second i ;) or plastic , or a combination of all three..
But .."it" needs a "tweak" ..the thread spools need covering..