I wasn't too sure whether to post this or not, but I took delivery of some cheap kangaroo skins today. They came from Narangba,  Queensland, B to B . 

The black ones were just $10.00 ea and the brown ones were $20.00 ea when other suppliers sell them for around $70+ ea .   They're about 0.9-1.2mm thick  and a bit over  a mtr in length and  supposed to have a few marks, scratches etc. but unless you look up real close, they're hardly noticeable , and would  virtually disappear once made into a project.   Most are in perfect condition , not a mark in sight. Apart from making some wallets etc.   I'm going put a few aside to make a leather M/C vest . 

They have a lovely ' micro-milled ' (?) grain. 

I got x 8 black and x 2 brown . :thumbsup: They did have bright   colours for sale too, like whites & pale blues  etc. ,   but I prefer the browns & blacks.   

One very happy chappy  :yes:

HS 

Leather Pics April 2019 011.jpg

Leather Pics April 2019 015.jpg

Leather Pics April 2019 020.jpg

Those look excellent!  Thanks for sharing.  

Thanks for the Heads Up,

My Brother is in Queensland at the moment, and I'll try to get him to visit the store, Is it Packer Direct?

Best

Harry

Yes, thats right.

I'm on their mailing list , and every so often they send me info on cheap leathers, over runs etc. 

No worries tugadude , but I really should set my pics up a little bit better, at least pick up the power cable ... ha !  :)  ...and perhaps get a better camera :) 

HS 

I have used there Kangaroo leather in the past when i was in the middle East i had heard it was tough and durable, yes it was someone wanted me to patch their saddle at that time it was hard to get supplies quickly did not have any leather for the job so i used the Kangaroo, because  the customer wanted their repair as fast as possible it worked a treat i am sure i still have some around somewhere. It was from Packer also, at the same time ordered some of their Harness leather, don't think they have Harness and Bridle leather anymore.

All the best

JCUK 

Do they ship to the US?  I went to the web page, but no pricing, no shipping info...looks like the pieces you have are from their "outsorts" page?  thus chrome tanned?

YinTx

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

Do they ship to the US?  I went to the web page, but no pricing, no shipping info...looks like the pieces you have are from their "outsorts" page?  thus chrome tanned?

YinTx

I emailed them earlier about the shipping range. No reply yet.

Snap, me too.

But it was 11 pm in Queensland when I wrote, I think its before 5 AM at the moment.

H

What's that ..Cheap Roo skins..Have they fallen in the well ? ;-)

Yep, they ship stateside. @YinTx

Is it reasonable for the shipping, or does it ruin the deal?

YinTx

4 hours ago, mikesc said:

What's that ..Cheap Roo skins..Have they fallen in the well ? ;-)

:lol::lol::lol:

“....Timmy!”

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

YinTx

I asked, but just saw the email an hour ago. So, we will see.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:10 AM, Handstitched said:

I wasn't too sure whether to post this or not, but I took delivery of some cheap kangaroo skins today. They came from Narangba,  Queensland, B to B . 

The black ones were just $10.00 ea and the brown ones were $20.00 ea when other suppliers sell them for around $70+ ea .   They're about 0.9-1.2mm thick  and a bit over  a mtr in length and  supposed to have a few marks, scratches etc. but unless you look up real close, they're hardly noticeable , and would  virtually disappear once made into a project.   Most are in perfect condition , not a mark in sight. Apart from making some wallets etc.   I'm going put a few aside to make a leather M/C vest . 

They have a lovely ' micro-milled ' (?) grain. 

I got x 8 black and x 2 brown . :thumbsup: They did have bright   colours for sale too, like whites & pale blues  etc. ,   but I prefer the browns & blacks.   

One very happy chappy  :yes:

HS 

Leather Pics April 2019 011.jpg

Leather Pics April 2019 015.jpg

Leather Pics April 2019 020.jpg

I found the website for Packer Direct, but the products are sorted by the usage, wallets, purses, etc.  Can you please tell us exactly which ones those are?  Thanks!

G'Day,

This is the email I got sent:

https://mailchi.mp/packerleather/we-have-overrun-leathers-you-have-leather-specials?e=b5a1123d5f  

Although the sale went to 22 March, they may still have some of these  roo skins left. 

HS 

14 hours ago, YinTx said:

YinTx

I looked into dealing with Packer Direct a few years ago. I had purchased some dies from a seller in Australia and the seller sent some really nice roo scraps with the dies. He bought all his leather from them so I shot them an email. Can't remember the price they gave me for shipping but I do remember it killed the deal for me. Really too bad as I made a few wallets with the scraps I got and loved working with the stuff. It's just a fantastic leather.

I think my last count was about 17 roo skins in my inventory. Six to eight square feet on average. Probably paid between $125 and $175 per skin. I know I bought some specials one time for $75, threw half of them away.

The leather is worth every penny.

Ferg

6 hours ago, Handstitched said:

G'Day,

This is the email I got sent:

https://mailchi.mp/packerleather/we-have-overrun-leathers-you-have-leather-specials?e=b5a1123d5f  

Although the sale went to 22 March, they may still have some of these  roo skins left. 

HS 

Well in addition to the expiration date for the offer, I couldn't have ordered from them anyway according to this verbiage from their page...

When you produce around 500 different leathers in a year you are going to get a production over-run or six.  Our over-runs are your opportunity.  These specials are for members of our Leather Savings List (only) and available from Monday March 18 to Friday March 22 unless sold out prior.  Just send us an email or call (07) 3203 1323 and let us know which leather(s) you would like to get a hold of.

19 hours ago, YinTx said:

YinTx

Looks like it ruins it? Something about a 30 dollar duty for international, the price list didn't show much that was cheap, and then shipping takes a quote.

So, it looks like domestic purchases will be "more affordable".

Maybe we should start farming kangaroo like they did with the emu in the 90s.

Edited by bikermutt07

Following!