Hello everyone.

I have a some orders for wallets with an Id window/slot. I had used some clear vinyl before, but I wonder if there is anything pre-made out there . Maybe with the slots cut into them for easy extraction?

Thanks

Don

I got horizontal and vertical from Amazon a while back

Look for wallet inserts

H

Edited by hwinbermuda

10 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Springfield Leather has tons of wallet inserts, some of which have the clear ID pocket.  Check them out.

https://www.springfieldleather.com/Interiors-Kits/Wallets-Interiors

Thanks. I was planning on making my own wallet inserts (though using a pre-punched one might be an option.  I didn't see any of just the ID part, so buying a kit insert might be an option.Thank you!

Sad that this continues to come up, been going on for YEARS.  You'd think SOMEBODY around here would put out a quality product in an 'insert" fashion.  I never liked Tandy's stuff, and I didn't care for SLC's that I used (though they have some out now I have not tried). 

But the Chaylor inserts sold at SLC are quite nice.  I still have one or two of those around here somewhere... many include "id window".  They aren't priced to go in $50 wallets, but if you're making a good product they are worth the expense.  Actually quite nice.

I have made my own a number of times, usually when I can't find what i need already packaged, but the amount of sewing involved makes the C-F inserts a good buy.

Edited by JLSleather

I found an insert at Ohio Travel Bag a couple of years back. It wasn't complete, only the vinyl with an approximate 3/8" border that would be used to sew it to a backing. They only came in black.

I used what I ordered at the time (only 10 of which I messed up about 4) then resorted to making my own when I needed one. 

On 4/3/2019 at 7:36 AM, JLSleather said:

But the Chaylor inserts sold at SLC are quite nice

I have to agree with the Chaylor-Feneli  comment by JLS. I have used them before when I made my wife a clutch purse and wallet. They are top quality and well made. Don't know how much of a selection SLC has.