Danne

Black watch strap with off-white stitching

I hope you aren't too tired of my straps.

Here are a slim strap (2.2mm thick) handstitched at 11spi.

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

Now that is some fine work.  I think all the details have been nailed here.  The stitching hinges at the point of the strap just as it should.  Creases on the keepers.  The edges are great.  Definitely something for us to aim for.

Now that is nice.  Superlatives do no justice.

YinTx

Class all the way. 

Great work! What irons do you use for the holes? And what thread size

6 hours ago, datdraku said:

Great work! What irons do you use for the holes? And what thread size

Thank you,

I use KevinLee here. And the thread is 0.35mm (Meisi M30)

A needle question, I have been using John James size 4 needles for 10SPI and feel that a smaller size might work better. I see KevinLee has 2 smaller sizes needles, have you tried these? or Do you have opinion on this?

6 minutes ago, John11214 said:

A needle question, I have been using John James size 4 needles for 10SPI and feel that a smaller size might work better. I see KevinLee has 2 smaller sizes needles, have you tried these? or Do you have opinion on this?

I also use JJ-4 and I have no problem with those needles when I use KevinLee 10 or 11SPI But the thread I use with 10 and 11 is quite thin (0.35mm) May I ask how you thread the needle (If you have a "knot" close to the eye, it's going to be tight.) Here is how I do (Lin cable 0.51/632 in my photo)

thread.jpg

Now, you mention it! Oh yeah! my knot is at they eye of needle. I see, this knot at needle eye widen stitching hole after my needle went through to it.

I run my thread through the needle eyelet, run my thread around needle body three time and pierce my thread(only once) with needle point. Then pull the back of thread and form the knot around eye of needle, this lock my thread to needle. Thats it.

Oh, I use Vinyl MBT size 8 thread. I am searching for .35 thread to try but I found none in US. I see you mentioned a couple of times that you use Meisi 30 thread. For .35m size I can only find places that ship from Hong Kong and China. How long does it take for your to get your Meisi?

10 minutes ago, John11214 said:

Now, you mention it! Oh yeah! my knot is at they eye of needle. I see, this knot at needle eye widen stitching hole after my needle went through to it.

I run my thread through the needle eyelet, run my thread around needle body three time and pierce my thread(only once) with needle point. Then pull the back of thread and form the knot around eye of needle, this lock my thread to needle. Thats it.

Oh, I use Vinyl MBT size 8 thread. I am searching for .35 thread to try but I found none in US. I see you mentioned a couple of times that you use Meisi 30 thread. For .35m size I can only find places that ship from Hong Kong and China. How long does it take for your to get your Meisi?

I buy from Meisi https://www.meisithreads.com/waxed-linen-threads I live in Europe, but it was rather quick (Except customs in that suck here) Shipping was 4-5 days + customs.

Here you have a couple of colors in Us (YueFung is the same thread) Be careful Meisi manufactured AmyRoke thread before, but I'm quite certain they changed supplier.

https://www.blackmountainsleather.com/collections/waxed-linen-threads/products/waxed-linen-thread-0-35mm-yue-fung-brand

You can also use Fil Au Chinois 832 (0.43mm) Around the same price but larger spools.

Edited by Danne

On 4/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, Danne said:

I hope you aren't too tired of my straps.

Nope! Keep them coming - love seeing your stuff.