Japi

Questions on a Skiving knife

I just bought a skiving knife on e-bay. It was sold as a Verges Blanchard and looks like a 3-1003D but it has a sort of hammered finish on the top face of the blade. I have a 3-1002-2 which is to all intents and purpose the same knife with a rounded blade instead of a slanted one but there are a lot of little differences. If you want the figures I did pics but if you can't read them, please ask. The only thing that is the same in the length of the handle but they are, as I have said, differences in size and weight and of course, they are made of different wood. The main cause for my concert is that the logo is almost impossible to see. The dog is unrecognisable but you can see something and the word BLANCHARD is underneath it. I also bought a set of black steel with red handles frog mouthed pliers which the guy swears are Blanchard but they have no logo. He says he bought them more than ten years ago but there is nothing like them in the current catalogue. I think one of us got ripped, can you help me to find out if was him or me? Thank you in advance for your help

1554557099536183576720.jpg

1554557173835889748705.jpg