Here´s a little thing i made during the weekend, a civil war-type holster for my gf´s little swedish percussionpistol. She wanted it to look this way so its a bit hardened with beeswax.. 

Im pretty happy how it turned out :)

20190407_130807.jpg

20190407_130827.jpg

That looks very nice. 

It looks like it'll do the job very well. You're happy and she's happy....what could be better than that?

Thank you :)

Very nice work!

Looks most excellent

Did you do a bit of wet-moulding around the stock/barrel part? Moulding the outer part of the holster after assembly?

15 hours ago, fredk said:

Looks most excellent

Did you do a bit of wet-moulding around the stock/barrel part? Moulding the outer part of the holster after assembly?

Thank you :)Honestly no - i didnt. I just shaped it slightly while the beeswax were cooling down after i warmed it in and that worked pretty good too

I good effort there! Thanks for sharing the picture

Love this style of holster!  

Will the beeswax help with durability & rain resistance in the field? (Seems intuitive that it would ...).  I’ve never had any issue with a leather holster that I allowed to dry out after it got wet & reapplied neatsfoot oil to.

Also, anyone know if tooling or carving would look ok under a heavy coat of beeswax?

Viking,

I would say that it does, when used hard the hardening softens up sometimes but its easy to reheat and add more beeswax. About rainresistance i would say that it works too - i carried a similar holster during a full day of very rainy reenactment and it worked really well.