16 minutes ago, garypl said:

Brian - those are really nice croc “koozies” as we call them around here!  I understand your point about condensation, but my carriers are made to transport a 64 oz “growler” of beer from the shop to your home, where it will be removed and put in the fridge.

I leave the bottom open with the carry strap and internal straps supporting the bottle - I guess any condensation that forms will drip out the bottom!  I treat the inside with a beeswax/carnuba wax/NFO/lanolin concoction that keeps it pretty water resistant.

Gary

AAAHHHHaa now it all makes more sense to me. :cheers:

20 minutes ago, noobleather said:

A 2L growler cover made of croc skin would be a good one for the brew hipster market. 

I totally agree....You send me one and I'll do it;)

11 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

" Then theres those awful  foam rubber stubbie holders ( wet suit material ) , they're just plain boring and mass produced" as a liner to the croc ones I make.

No offence intended  :):) Those Croc stubby  holders are really good.

8 hours ago, noobleather said:

I think the main difference between the growlers and smaller bottles is that you don't drink directly from the growler,u pour the beer into a glass.

Um....we have some pretty bad ( beer) habits here  in Oz , mainly in the bush   . We do actually drink directly  from the ' King Browns' ( 750ml bottles) .  

HS 

58 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

No offence intended  :):) Those Croc stubby  holders are really good.

Um....we have some pretty bad ( beer) habits here  in Oz , mainly in the bush   . We do actually drink directly  from the ' King Browns' ( 750ml bottles) .  

HS 

Yeah Handstitched I am in West Oz mate.

I know all about king browns,Bush Chook etc etc

been brewing all grain beer for 10 years now and I drink my beer from 18L kegs not 750ml bots lol Growlers are the way I take my beer to friends houses or restaurants.

Drop in for a middy or pint some time and we can chat leather.

Rokoboy invite goes out to you to as well mate

Edited by noobleather

This is off topic.... almost . Speaking of bad beer habits, '2 can trips.... 3 can trips  etc. ', where car trips were measured in how many cans  we could drink in a distance ( mainly in the bush where there were no cops ) .They're rarely seen even today out my way. 

An absolute  very naughty no no  :nono: ....but it was fun ! 

A'h.... the ' good old days'  :) 

Thank you very much for the invite . I would think it will be  quite a long chat about leather  over some coldies  :yes: 

HS

Came out really nice.  Great job!

Edited by LeatherPlusArtGalore

8 hours ago, LeatherPlusArtGalore said:

Came out really nice.  Great job!

Thanks!  Working on a new one for myself now...

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, noobleather said:

Rokoboy invite goes out to you to as well mate

Thanx Kel. I will take you up on that one day. I will even bring my own cheese board. :lol: