Castellum

Looking for tool belt/bag/pouch templates or books.

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and to leatherworking. I've been trying to find templates to make various types of tool bags and carpenter tool belt, but I can't seem to find anything. I can't easily find templates and books on how to make wallets, belts, and general utility pouches (which will be my first beginner projects), but nothing om tool specific bags and pouches. Like the Klein leather tool pouches, or the Occidental Leather framer tool belts with nail pouches. 

Does anyone have any templates for sale? Or can anyone recommend me a book that covers tool bags?

I'm sure someone has some. But, if not, you can always buy one and reverse engineer it.

5 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

I'm sure someone has some. But, if not, you can always buy one and reverse engineer it.

That's not a bad idea. It would have to be some lower quality bags I can source locally. I live in Denmark and leather tool belts are not widely used here like they are in the US, so I would have to buy better quality bags for "examination" from the US. Anyway, I don't know if I have the heart to take apart an expensive, perfectly working american made tool belt. :)

58 minutes ago, Castellum said:

That's not a bad idea. It would have to be some lower quality bags I can source locally. I live in Denmark and leather tool belts are not widely used here like they are in the US, so I would have to buy better quality bags for "examination" from the US. Anyway, I don't know if I have the heart to take apart an expensive, perfectly working american made tool belt. :)

Does everyone there wear a vest? I do. I'm probably the only American carpenter sporting a blakladder. I really like my kangaroo vest.

32 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Does everyone there wear a vest? I do. I'm probably the only American carpenter sporting a blakladder. I really like my kangaroo vest.

Yes, both vests and pants with integrated tool pouches. I'm an electrician so I use pants  like the ones in the picture I attached, but to be honest, I'm more fond of the tool belts and bags Americans use :)

snickers_grey.jpg

Most electricians pouches I have seen are pretty simple designs. Just basically wet formed panels around the tools you want to carry on top of a firm narrow pocket.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.