I recently ordered some cheapish -is any leather really cheap?- from Tandy.  On it, was a Proposition65 label (https://p65warnings.ca.gov), which I had not seen before on other pieces.  How should I approach this?  In the black and white text it is startling.  What has been the industry experience in dealing with this?  I also had other leathers also included, are they now exposed?

Thanks,

LC

Proposition 65 was a good idea that got wildly out of hand. Currently, it seems that everything in the universe is known to the State of California to cause cancer. Even Starbucks has a Proposition 65 sign because the roasted coffee beans are known to the State of California to cause cancer. As such, the warnings are simply ignored by everyone I know.

The only thing that doesn't carry a Prop 65 label that I'm sure definitely needs one is the border sign when entering the State of California.  

Your cheapish leather is fine.  JUst don't chew on it regularly.

I bought a C.S. Osborne head knife, and it came with a prop65 sticker warning about "cancer and reproductive harm", while not even mentioning that it's sharp. Reproductive harm???...only if I drop it in my lap.
Ignore it. The most beautiful state in the country has long since been destroyed by idiots.

Is it just California or are there other states that have this   ' Proposition 65 ? ' 

I'm from ' down under' , we don't get anything on our products, leather or otherwise that have these cancer warnings ( other than smokes ) . 

I did have ' Slailess Steel  Made in China' on one of my  stainless steel rulers once , that was funny , Ha  Ha  :)

HS 

Edited by Handstitched

There is a whole thread devoted to this topic.  You can search for it.  Prop 65 is a joke but an expensive one because millions of dollars are spent to comply with the rules and regulations while pretty much being ignored.  Too bad the money doesn't go to help the needy.

Edited by Tugadude