Kolton45

Sheridan Style Tools

So I wana get better with my floral and sheridan style carving and I have some crafttools but dont have all the sizes and tools I need so I've been looking at the barry king sheridan style tool list but was wondering if it's worth it to buy the kit or if I should buy the tools separate I have a leather wrangler swivle knife already so I'm just looking for stamps and input is much appreciated as I'm very new to leatherwork and especially the carving side 

A great amount of really great leatherwork (tooling, stamping, carving) has been done with all kinds of tools; home made, cheap, expensive, etc.  Good tools may help, but the main thing is how you use the tools you have.  You don't need 100 different stamps.  10 stamps in total may provide all you really need tool-wise.  Practice and patience are the requirements for good tooling of any style.  Of course we all like to have nice tools, and there is always another one that we want to add to our collection, but this is mainly just "wants".

Tom

The recommended “kit” will save you a little money direct from Barry, I have used his tools for some time.  You could start with one or two here and there but believe me you will end up with all that are in the kit so why not get it to start with if the budget allows.  I don’t think you can go wrong with his tools!