blackmad

How can I tell if a machine is a 563 or 563-3?

It seems like both machines say LU-563 on them, and the main difference is the stitch length + lack of reverse.

I just bought a used 563 and am missing reverse more than I expected. I'm wondering if it's possible this is a 563 that just doesn't have the lever, or if it's a 563-3.

IMG_3589.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

That's a good question.  Can you add a picture of the right side of the head?  I'd like to see if there's a bracket for the reverse lever there.  It's usually black, and functions as a limit for the reverse lever travel.    Here is a related post you might find useful.  

Edited by Pintodeluxe

The Juki LU-563 Subclass 3 machines normally have a separate little sticker just below the main ID plate. That little “Subclass 3” sticker can easily come off and get lost. In my book any Juki LU-563 without reverse is a Subclass 3.

ADA07ECB-8E8D-4C02-9224-F968B23950DB.png

The standard Juki LU-563 also have a tell-tale reverse lever shaft attachment point visible on the left side of the riser. That detail is missing on your machine. So yours is a Subclass 3, as opposed to a regular LU-563 which just had the reverse lever removed.

D18A4C47-CF64-4EAA-8512-7A48B491B41C.jpeg

Edited by Uwe

562 is a regular G bobbin, 563 is large U bobbin, and 563 Subclass 3 is NO reverse with heavy hook, same that comes with the new LU-1508NH model.

See attached brochure.

LU-562-3ProductBrochureKeystone.pdf

The class 3 would still be awesome if it had the correct holes in the casting for the necessary parts to make reverse work, but it doesn’t.