DV8DUG

Harbor Freight Air/Hydraulic Clicker

Here is my newly built clicker press for under $175.

All of the sales and certain matching coupons I have for harbor freight matched up this last full moon. The press for $100 and the air/hydro for $72. Score.

P1210417.JPG

P1210420.JPG

Nice!  

Please post some pictures of it when you get it all setup in the final configuration as well. I've got my mind set on doing something similar and would love to see more of your build.

Sweet rig.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:28 AM, maxdaddy said:

Nice!  

Please post some pictures of it when you get it all setup in the final configuration as well. I've got my mind set on doing something similar and would love to see more of your build.

I removed the two springs on new ram that were connected to a metal piece that pulled on the cylinder. Here are the mounting screws in their new home. I kept the threaded holes on the press plate intact and drilled the base of the new ram to match. I also bought 6" eye-bolts to connect the new ram since the height was 2" taller than original ram.

P1210418.JPG

P1210421.JPG

I thought the hose pulling on the air pump portion of the new ram was going to be a problem area down the road so I installed 1/8" thick rubber between it and the ram body(green circle) and loose/tight hose clamped them together to remove motion and stress on the one coupler holding the pump on the base.

P1210423.JPG

Edited by DV8DUG
keyboard

Pneumatic over Hydraulic Clicker Press.

Short video of the press in action.

Edited by DV8DUG

+++UPDATE+++

So I've now completed the clicker complete with a pair of foot pedals. What I did was I installed a small Parker pneumatic cylinder to be used to control the open/close of the jack. Controlled by a 4 port / 2 position foot pedal. I also used the original hand switch, with the addition of a small metal foot plate, to be used as a foot pedal to initiate the jack. So I step on right pedal to bring the ram down. The pneumatic cylinder is in a default position of extended/closed needle valve. After the cut, I then step on left pedal which opens the release for the jack. When I take my foot off the left pedal the ram extends again to close the release. Ready to go again and hands free...

P1210988.JPG

P1210992.JPG

P1210995.JPG

P1210996.JPG

P1210997.JPG

P1210999.JPG

That's some nice engineering!