Uwe

Vintage Sewing Machine and Parts Inventory - 150 machines, 30 cabinets worth of parts - $15,000

Three years ago I bought a small warehouse full of mostly heavy duty industrial sewing machine, about 30 cabinets worth of vintage parts, and about a dozen boxes full of original vintage documentation and sales literature.

I've decided to simplify my life and change direction. That plan includes selling the entire remaining inventory wholesale for a firm $15,000.  That calculates to an average of $100 per machine, with literally tons of free parts and documentation. Some machines are worth less than $100, but some machines a worth several $1,000.

I'm NOT interested in selling individual machines or parts, it's all or nothing.

The pictures are from 2016 when I bought the inventory. The entire inventory now lives in my 900 square foot garage on four industrial palette storage units, each measuring 4' wide x 8' long x 8' high, just so that you have an idea how much storage space you'll need to plan for. Count on needing at least 500 square feet of 10' tall warehouse space to house this inventory. Three of my four palette storage units will be for sale separately, in case you want some.

Fair warning - it took me nearly a month to move the inventory to my location in 2016 - by myself. It should be a lot quicker this time around since I re-packaged most of the parts and broke down many of the tables to save storage space. Prepare to spend several days loading this stuff into a container or onto a really big truck by yourself. If you show up with a team of burly movers, it may go a lot quicker. Most of the big machines are on rolling plywood platforms or dollies and relatively easy to maneuver. I have a riding forklift that you're welcome to use (but only if you know how to use it.) You'll need to bring pallets or wooden crates (available very cheap locally near Monroe, Michigan.) My garage is in a residential neighborhood and I need to be mindful of my neighbors.

If you are seriously interested send me a DM here on LW, email me directly at uwe@uwe.net or call me at +1 734-536-0901. I don't want to discuss details publicly or make the identity of the buyer known.

I've updated the pictures PDF and inventory PDF to exclude the machines I sold in the past three years. The 150 machine count is approximate and likely on the conservative side. I live near Detroit, Michigan in the US.

I'll be in Europe from May 8-31, just FYI.

Here's the PDF with the pictures: Uwe-Inventory-Pictures-2016.pdf

Here's a PDF with the inventory details:InventoryList2019.pdf

I'm attaching a few pictures of the machine highlights.

_MG_0102_1.jpg_MG_0104_1.jpg_MG_0105_1.jpg_MG_0115_1.jpg_MG_0141_1.jpg_MG_0146_1.jpg_MG_0150_1.jpg_MG_0153_1.jpg_MG_0154_1.jpg_MG_0171_1.jpg_MG_0176_1.jpg_MG_0178_1.jpg_MG_0185_1.jpg_MG_0206_1.jpg_MG_0209_1.jpg

Edited by Uwe

Good lord - I´m on the wrong side of the pond  :blink: I wish I could dive through all this stuff :rolleyes:

Oh wow! I'd be right there too but I'm on the wrong side of the pond too.  Good luck with the sale.

PM sent

Hey I know you said no parting out but I'm looking for my first machine and not looking to spend too much. You think you can spare a functioning one for a couple hundred for a first timer? 

Hey Use, 

Did you sell the lot yet?

Awesome stuffs, the Singer long arm and cylinder bed are amazing.