YSRASupply

Looking for watch strap die similar to one Hermes uses?

Hoping someone can help me track down a die similar to the one Hermes uses in this video 

You can see the die at around the 5:40 mark... I've attached a few pics I've been able to find of it as well as a screen capture from the video itself... I've seen watch strap dies but nothing quite like this one... The way they do it, they do all their construction of the strap first... gluing everything together/etc and then they cut it out using the die. It also looks like the die has some sort of guide built in to it so they can line up the piece of leather before cutting as shown in the picture attached. I feel like this is a much cleaner process than cutting and then gluing... anyway, if you know where a die like this can be had, let me know!!

Thanks!

Hermes Watch Die.png

hermes_visit_leather_straps_brugg_11.jpg

Edited by YSRASupply

I think "How It's Made" on TV has their videos available for playback. Some are on U-Tube. 

Anyway, I watched this one the other day of a company making watch bands. 

Ferg

7 minutes ago, Ferg said:

I think "How It's Made" on TV has their videos available for playback. Some are on U-Tube. 

Anyway, I watched this one the other day of a company making watch bands. 

Ferg

That video was great!  I'm sure a lot of those tools and molds are really expensive but maybe there are cheaper alternatives? I especially liked the one they used to cut out the buckle end of the strap.