Phone case I made for my grandson.

phonecase.JPG

Look's great, the resist turned out real clean. I like the design of the snap closure, have not seen that type b-4. Does it have a  belt loop or clip ?  I think I see a loop but can

't tell for sure, thanks for sharing !

29 minutes ago, rleather said:

Look's great, the resist turned out real clean. I like the design of the snap closure, have not seen that type b-4. Does it have a  belt loop or clip ?  I think I see a loop but can

't tell for sure, thanks for sharing !

Thank you actually it has a large flat pad that you can slip into a pocket or your waistband, no need for a belt, I glued an extra piece of leather to it so it would be stiff enough to keep its shape and not slip out. Also the snap closure, strap is loose enough you can get your fingers under it and set the snap without pushing on the phone. 

phonecase2.JPG

Great idea.

I have always had a plan in my head for a paddle version of a cell case. Good work on this execution. Easy on and off yet secure.

5 minutes ago, plinkercases said:

I have always had a plan in my head for a paddle version of a cell case. Good work on this execution. Easy on and off yet secure.

Yes they seem to work really well, I planned them so I could  cut belt slits in the flap but no one has even asked me to do so.  Most folks like the ability to take them off when they get in a vehicle as phones have become pretty bulky. This case is for a Samsung  phone 4" x7" approx. 

On 4/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, chuck123wapati said:

Thank you actually it has a large flat pad that you can slip into a pocket or your waistband, no need for a belt, I glued an extra piece of leather to it so it would be stiff enough to keep its shape and not slip out. Also the snap closure, strap is loose enough you can get your fingers under it and set the snap without pushing on the phone. 

phonecase2.JPG

I'd like to make a suggestion: you could sew/glue a strip of thick leather to the inside of the waist flap, at the bottom edge.  Leave the top edge of the added strip cut square (don't profile or burnish).  This works to increase the retention characteristic, similar to a paddle holster. 

Very nice..

23 hours ago, joelpete said:

I'd like to make a suggestion: you could sew/glue a strip of thick leather to the inside of the waist flap, at the bottom edge.  Leave the top edge of the added strip cut square (don't profile or burnish).  This works to increase the retention characteristic, similar to a paddle holster. 

That is a good idea, I glued the inside piece of leather so the rough side would face the fabric for that same reason and it helped a bit also I may have to try that but I haven't had any complaints so far lol. Thank you for the suggestion!