Rossr

Leather work swap who would be interested?

20 hours ago, YinTx said:

Haha no surprise for the recipient then?

YinTx

P.S., well done.  went all out with the backing and braiding I see...didn't occur to me to do that...

Thanks sir.  Not sure why I did that just struck me as I was doing it.  I do like the lacing on it.

12 hours ago, KAY9 said:

Mine is finished & ready to mail in the morning. I will be sending to Rockoboy. 

P.S. The oak leaf coaster is beautiful Rossr. 

Thanks Kay...I'm learning!

I hope I can get involved in the next round.  The rounder looks great btw.

I shall post mine on Monday as I a still in Germany; currently drinking mead & eating damn fine sausages :)

I am sorry to the participating group.  I had agreed to complete this challenge but was called out of state for a family emergency.  I have notified Halo of my situation and advised I believe Yintx should received her coaster.  If I'm incorrect, please let us know.  Again, I am sorry.

Tammy

On 6/10/2019 at 8:39 AM, Rossr said:

Ok Folks Drum Roll please.........

Based on response on this thread here is the list of who to send to and receive from...if you did not complete please let me know and I will adjust the list.   The selection process was a arduous one involving slips of paper upside down on my desk and picking them up at random to build the list :) Please send a private message to your person to supply address etc.   Also please post your complete pictures on this thread.  I hope everyone had some fun and learned a thing or two.   Enjoy the work of others and remember how special it is to receive someone elses efforts celebrate that!!

Kay9 sends to Rockoboy

Rockoboy sends to Rossr

Rossr sends to Smartee

Smartee sends to HaloJones

HaloJones sends to ColoradoGirl

ColoradoGirl sends to Yintx

Yintx sends to Kay9

Thanks everyone and please post those pics!

Ross

If Halo hasn't sent yet we can just have Halo send to yintx.  

2 hours ago, ColoradoGirl said:

I am sorry to the participating group.  I had agreed to complete this challenge but was called out of state for a family emergency.  I have notified Halo of my situation and advised I believe Yintx should received her coaster.  If I'm incorrect, please let us know.  Again, I am sorry.

Tammy

Tammy no worries I'm sure we all understand hope everything is better on your end!  If halo can just send to yintx that will solve it with no worries .  Long as he comes back from sausage and beer land ie germany

Edited by Rossr

This is not a problem, currently heading homeward: today I will be in the Netherlands 

Love the coaster Rossr!  Thank you!  I didn't do nearly the work to mine that you did - hope my recipient doesn't feel slighted. 

I'll be posting mine out to HaloJones in the next couple days (when I can get out to the post office).  It's the first time I've ever attempted to carve so with that in mind - I'm happy with how it turned out.  Looking forward to everyone sharing what to do to better/further my skills :)  Also looking forward to the next swap!

I received these today from YinTx & I am blown away! The detail is wonderful, especially the hair on the bear! I am very pleased. Well done & THANK YOU!

Rockoboy, yours is on the way! It may take a little longer to get to Australia, but you should be receiving it soon!

64548883_2769857446364214_1774346102028369920_o (1).jpg

Nice YinTx!  They look like belt buckles!

N   I   C   E

17 hours ago, KAY9 said:

Rockoboy, yours is on the way!

Thank you @KAY9. I am waiting patiently ... so far, but that might change! :whistle:

@Rossr yours is on its way, posted Monday, so hopefully you will get it before the Easter Bunny arrives! One thing I learned, I need to think more about the design I choose. "Sometimes simple is better". 

On 6/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, KAY9 said:

I received these today from YinTx & I am blown away! The detail is wonderful, especially the hair on the bear! I am very pleased. Well done & THANK YOU!

Glad you liked it.  Couldn't decide which to send, so you got both.  Third one I did got ruled out.  For the bear I was going for a gritty, rough look, with a lot of texture.  For the ram, I tried for simple, minimal tool marks, flowing lines.  I hemmed and hawed a bit on using a shader for the petals/leaves/sticker burrs, whatever you like to call them, and opted not to.  Wreckerative cuts were probably a bit timid and could be much bolder.  Open to suggestions on both, both were new techniques for me.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:01 PM, Smartee said:

Nice YinTx!  They look like belt buckles!

Thank you.  Just the shape of a clicker die I had, and I thought it would make a unique coaster - not square, not round.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:09 PM, fredk said:

N   I   C   E

Thanks!

YinTx

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:41 AM, Smartee said:

Love the coaster Rossr!  Thank you!  I didn't do nearly the work to mine that you did - hope my recipient doesn't feel slighted. 

I'll be posting mine out to HaloJones in the next couple days (when I can get out to the post office).  It's the first time I've ever attempted to carve so with that in mind - I'm happy with how it turned out.  Looking forward to everyone sharing what to do to better/further my skills :)  Also looking forward to the next swap!

Rossr ~ I forgot to also thank you for the key chain!  Nice bonus :)

HaloJones ~ yours is on its way! :)

On 6/18/2019 at 9:41 AM, Smartee said:

Glad you liked it and the key chain too!

On 6/19/2019 at 8:34 AM, Rockoboy said:

Thank you @KAY9. I am waiting patiently ... so far, but that might change! :whistle:

@Rossr yours is on its way, posted Monday, so hopefully you will get it before the Easter Bunny arrives! One thing I learned, I need to think more about the design I choose. "Sometimes simple is better". 

Rockoboy. Got yours in the mail today.  Thank you and all the way from Australia no less.  Really like the dog and oak leaf motif!

On 6/18/2019 at 2:39 PM, KAY9 said:

Rockoboy, yours is on the way! It may take a little longer to get to Australia, but you should be receiving it soon!

64548883_2769857446364214_1774346102028369920_o (1).jpg

Nice looking stuff yintx. 

20190625_223247.jpg

Morning a good friends sudden death.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Rossr said:

Rockoboy. Got yours in the mail today.

So glad you like it. It did not come out as good as I had hoped, but it was a learning experience.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, Rockoboy said:

@KAY9. I am waiting patiently ... so far, but that might change! :whistle:

Still waiting for our postal service to do their thing, but they are notoriously s. l.. o... w.... ZZZZ

Okay, finally getting my eyes above the water here, so I can finally put this together.  I received my coaster!  Awesome!!!  I really like this coaster.  Cool color combinations, challenging knot pattern, and braided with a liner to boot.  Here it is in it's glory:

Coaster1LoRes.thumb.jpg.5e673bb930f04fa864a84569d98d4976.jpg

and here it is hard at work protecting my morning cup-of-joe:

Coaster3LoRes.thumb.jpg.10a9e54254af28c08c53c53899baca58.jpg

Thank you so much, and sorry it took me so long to get the photos posted!

YinTx

Turned out awesome!  I'm definitely going to have to step up my game on the next swap!

Glad you got it & are happy with it & good to see it hard at work:)

6 hours ago, Smartee said:

Turned out awesome!  I'm definitely going to have to step up my game on the next swap!

Agreed.  Mine are looking low rent after seeing the others, lol.  At least I made up for it with quantity?

YinTx

Still waiting for the "slowest-postal-service-in-the-world" to deliver mine!

Any ideas on what we are getting into for the next project? Or do we do more of the same, because we all learnt something from our 1st efforts?

Well this arrived in the post & if that's your first ever attempt at carving @Smartee then I'm impressed :)

The coaster is now on my work desk where it has already had many compliments - so hats off & thanks x

Gift Coaster.jpeg

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, HaloJones said:

Well this arrived in the post & if that's your first ever attempt at carving @Smartee then I'm impressed :)

The coaster is now on my work desk where it has already had many compliments - so hats off & thanks x

Gift Coaster.jpeg

Thank you HaloJones!  I'm glad you liked it!  I actually had 3 or 4 of these lined up and did each step going from one to the next.  Pattern was out of an Al Stohlman book. :)

2 hours ago, Smartee said:

I actually had 3 or 4 of these lined up

I did the same, except I had 2 on the go. One got a stain from an errant metal fragment, so I sent the one without.

Still waiting for mine to arrive from @KAY9. (Not the fault of @KAY9, it's just Auspost doing what they do!)