DanishMan

PFAFF 145 needle adjustment in feed dog

Dear Friends

I have been struggling to adjust a PFAFF 145.

The main problem is, that the needle is not centered in the feed dog. It is to the very left.

I have tried to adjust the needle bar frame, but it is not possible as it pivots around the position bracket.

Secondly the machine get very rigid at the top needle position, and I have a feeling, that this might be connected to the other problem.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

DanishMan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cfRUfKuCNA

Hej Landsmand :)

I think Greg suggests to sidewise adjust the feed dog instead - perhaps other parts too.

Best Regards

Gymnast

Hi - It is not really the feed dog position, which is the problem. I have adjusted that beforehand.

Do you have experience with these machines. Og hvor bor du?

Mvh

Søren

I'm confused, you said the problem is that the needle isn't centred in the feed dog. Given that the needle bar can't be adjusted laterally the only way you can centre it is to move the feed dog, as Gregg has shown.

I have adjusted the feed dog, and this does not solve the problem. If I move the feed dog further to the left, it will touch the needle plate.

Ahh, ok, you didn't mention that before. The only thing I can think of is that the needle bar is bent slightly.

1 hour ago, dikman said:

Ahh, ok, you didn't mention that before. The only thing I can think of is that the needle bar is bent slightly.

Or the hole the needle fits into is wore out & when you tighten it up you should be able to see it move to the left.Or you can also check it with the needle set screw loose see how much the needle moves left to right in the hole.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:09 AM, DanishMan said:

Secondly the machine get very rigid at the top needle position, and I have a feeling, that this might be connected to the other problem.

Strongly suggests bent needle bar to me.

-DC

4 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Or the hole the needle fits into is wore out & when you tighten it up you should be able to see it move to the left.Or you can also check it with the needle set screw loose see how much the needle moves left to right in the hole.

Yes sir, I guess he may have the wrong needle as well, or like you said of course.  Say a 16X357 or even a household?  Correct is 134-35 or a 190 from what I know.

Also, maybe the washer 91-169132-15 is on the wrong size, pushing the needle bar rock frame 91-013106-45 or 91-013104-45?  After that, darn maybe the arm and bed are misaligned, rare but I've seen it.  Other than that I have no idea.  Like said maybe a bent needle bar.  Only way to know is to take it out and roll the needle bar on a flat surface.

Pfaff145.png

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing