Seom

SEIKO - What kind of sewing machine is this?

Hallo everyone.  I want a buy that Seiko sewing machine. Does anyone know what a type or  model is? Unfortunately, there is no number or symbol on it. I don't know where to look for the manual and information on it. I'd appreciate your help. Greetings. Mike

F47279E6-8686-49FF-B60B-014112D8DA19.jpeg

949E6A01-7704-4E0D-82B1-7FE1AC4344C9.jpeg

Is it just a Drop Feed ? ( bottom feed-dog only )  ? . with just stitch length/reverse lever on the R-side .
It does look like there was a model/plate missing there under the stitch length knob . looks like some discolor where it was till removed, or knocked off .
It should have had another small plate riveted on saying where made ? . 'made japan' or  'made china'  . but I think that Seiko is Jap. machine.
But , If can't find any model plate or anything ???  it might have a factory 'cast stamp' or something more under bottom side of the head if you look .

If just Drop feed . I would not choose it to sew Leather with as my 1st choice .
( bottom feed ) , it actually sewed really good for heavy Webbing/fabric . It sewed #277 thread great,  and up to #346 only satisfactory . About 1/2" high
material is the limit for Needle . 

It only takes 15 minutes to take down the bobbin assembly and look at the race, Hook, Bobbin ...etc . and put back together.
If were me looking to buy .. I would Sew on it and bring a some webbing and throw under the foot and see how the Hook and assembly treating the stitching .
--
Looks just like a old ( China made )  'Mercury' branded Head I had years ago that was just a bottom feed . And they made that Machine Head copied/branded under a mountain Pile of different cover names . The "made in China" heads were just disposables . 'china made' , Run them till sloppy and get rid of .

Edited by nylonRigging

I am not sure of the model number but i think this is a nice needle feed machine, Seiko machines were made in Japan i believe and were well made also. The equivalent model would be something like a Adler 105.

agree with Jimi - it´s needle feed machine, you can see the hole in the feed dog and the pivot point for the needle bar. Don´t know the model but if the price is right I would buy it.

Good eye, on some blurry Pic's .  . Ya, if Needle feed, It will be good Head to get .

Needs to bolt it down and roll some stitches with hand wheel to see it sews good . Find out why?  It Not table mounted and laying around solo .  Then offer Low-Ball price and  take it home ...LOL

Thank you all for answers my post. I’m buing this complete machine in very good price with clutch Matsuhita motor and oryginal table, thread stand and lots of needles. Now i know is the Japan product. (pic below). But still I don’t know what is this model. I found serial number (pic). Maby you can tell me where I can find info about this machine by serial number?

regards 

Mike

441533F5-F4BA-4C87-B4F0-E9994ECB8F71.jpeg

2BF35422-2964-42E6-8970-55516ADC0D86.jpeg

B0259207-ED95-45E1-94B5-19DC5DA65914.jpeg

0976F068-AACB-47F3-B72D-7BE178836014.jpeg

26806EF5-4E4E-49FD-B791-8A1E412DF42E.jpeg

9083FCF2-1C69-46E4-836A-DDC9DA574DAD.jpeg

0CE6D587-B54D-4DAF-B62E-B203B8AA3B69.jpeg

Looks to me like it might be an older model of Seiko's CH type..
https://www.hobkirk.co.uk/seiko-ch-series-extra-heavy-duty-cylinder-arm
http://www.seiko-sewing.co.jp/en/products/chseries/

The "compound feed" type, ( it has only the needle bar and the presser foot ) not like the "compound feed and walking foot" type..which has a needle bar, an outer presser foot and an inner presser foot..( 3 Vertical bars when viewed from the bobbin end )..

Edited by mikesc

20 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Looks to me like it might be an older model of Seiko's CH type..
https://www.hobkirk.co.uk/seiko-ch-series-extra-heavy-duty-cylinder-arm
http://www.seiko-sewing.co.jp/en/products/chseries/

The "compound feed" type, ( it has only the needle bar and the presser foot ) not like the "compound feed and walking foot" type..which has a needle bar, an outer presser foot and an inner presser foot..( 3 Vertical bars when viewed from the bobbin end )..

Yep, it’s very heavy and strong machine. I’ve problem with cluch motor. Is to fast and not precision. I undressed him and I tasted the clutch of graphic paste but it didn't help much. 

1 hour ago, Seom said:

Yep, it’s very heavy and strong machine. I’ve problem with cluch motor. Is to fast and not precision. I undressed him and I tasted the clutch of graphic paste but it didn't help much. 

That's clutch motors for you. If you can/are happy feathering the clutch and slowing it with your right hand on the wheel, do that. Otherwise spend £100 on a servo motor.

Is it some website were i can looking by serial number what is this a model ?

Mike

www.instagram.com/tauro_knives_and_leather

www.facebook.com/tauroknives

Yakumo is the closest i can find to your model. Does your foot flick or does the needle feed on your machine??? This is a Yakumo DDU-N73 in the video  but the foot flicks on this one??

https://store.beforward.jp/detail/Home-Electronics/Sewing-Machines/PA11207128/

52120395__35.jpg.055214d7971c09d58983fa6c4818489a.jpg33817547_237888400096314_6167396904742158336_n.jpg.19f7fd0628e669ffbdb20f9cb0043120.jpg

Edited by jimi

No it is not mine, i found it Googeling..

18513708_1671140619858130_6686445265831854080_n.jpg.79254818faaffa99d778bb6c443e8f7f.jpg

Edited by jimi

IIRC Yakumo is the brand of at least one of the machines used by a recent poster from Taiwan, given the extremely high quality of his work , I don't think he'd use a brand that was not a good one..Seiko made machines for other brands..Consew I think was one ..

No idea where you could look to find info on Seiko serial numbers, other than to suggest that you email Seiko themselves..

Edited by mikesc

1 hour ago, mikesc said:

IIRC Yakumo is the brand of at least one of the machines used by a recent poster from Taiwan, given the extremely high quality of his work , I don't think he'd use a brand that was not a good one..Seiko made machines for other brands..Consew I think was one ..

No idea where you could look to find info on Seiko serial numbers, other than to suggest that you email Seiko themselves..

Thanks mikesc. From what I see, the difference is that the yakumo has a walking foot and my Seiko has a walking needle. Besides, my machine has a back stiching  

Mike

www.instagram.com/tauro_knives_and_leather

www.facebook.com/tauroknives

•  
Edited by Seom

1 hour ago, Seom said:

the difference is that the yakumo has a walking foot

The one in the video,yes but the one in the picture above i think is the same as yours. in the video the front of the head is different having the jump foot bar in the front like this adler 105.20160504_144727.jpeg.ffa2ffcce596df72f638e3101c8fb214.thumb.jpeg.f7697f78c18f8d7682068eab888e1ef0.jpeg

I think it looks like my Adler 105-6, which is drop feed only.

Nakajima also made this machine as a "DD-N73" and branded it Yakumo as well. I would suggest that anything branded by Nakajima or Seiko will be very good quality. There are hints that this machine was their take on the Singer 45K.

-DC

Looking for and I'm looking for a 305 - 64 Chandler. Don't you think it s an identical machine with my Seiko?

I'll have to look through some old Consew and Seiko catalogs when I get back to the shop.  Info does not seem to be on the web nor is it a new current model Seiko.

I think it’s interesting that the original table has no cut-out under the arm, but appears to maybe be a drop-down?

CD in Oklahoma

Maybe someone switched tables ? Damaged the original ?..
I know a guy who has a cylinder arm Pfaff re-mounted on a flat bed table...only uses it to make shoes, and small bags..even so would be much easier to use with a cut out table..

I like the idea of a flat surface under a cylinder bed machine, but sometimes the open space is required.  Nearly all of my sewing (mainly repairs) that I do on my handcrank Adler 205-64 doesn’t require under the bed space, and I have one of those across-the-bed adjustable-height hospital tables that I setup under the arm to help hold the work up for sewing.

I’m in the process of adding another Adler 205 handcrank to my herd, and have decided (from this thread) that I’m going to mount it with only one bolt onto my motorcycle air table so that I can use it with the arm over the table, or pivot the arm out past the table when I need the under-arm space.

CD in Oklahoma

9 hours ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

I'll have to look through some old Consew and Seiko catalogs when I get back to the shop.  Info does not seem to be on the web nor is it a new current model Seiko.

Gregg, I will be very grateful for every information and a clue about my sewing machine

Mike

TAURO KNIVES & LEATHER

http://www.instagram.com/tauro_knives_and_leather

On 5/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, cdthayer said:

I like the idea of a flat surface under a cylinder bed machine, but sometimes the open space is required.  Nearly all of my sewing (mainly repairs) that I do on my handcrank Adler 205-64 doesn’t require under the bed space, and I have one of those across-the-bed adjustable-height hospital tables that I setup under the arm to help hold the work up for sewing.

I’m in the process of adding another Adler 205 handcrank to my herd, and have decided (from this thread) that I’m going to mount it with only one bolt onto my motorcycle air table so that I can use it with the arm over the table, or pivot the arm out past the table when I need the under-arm space.

CD in Oklahoma

This table is divided in half and openes.

DE44FF6B-DA09-42C0-94E6-493414806186.jpeg

21EA3238-81A5-471F-A23D-75215CA3452C.jpeg

Edited by Seom