Found this clip in the oil sump of my Juki 1508NH while I was doing some maintenance.  Can't really see where it goes.  it is pretty light weight and about the size of a quarter.  Does anyone know where it belongs on my machine?  Thanks.  

clip2.jpg

Yep; anti-backlash bobbin basket spring.

What is the 'Blue' ??? .. did someone put silicon adhesive to that case spring ?

Most times I will just run without on 'pop-out' Vert. bobbins . but I pretty religious about using them under the bobbins for flat Horizontal  .

They a PIA once in while on pop-in bobbin cases . also popping out once while if you drop your bobbin case on hard floor . hate crawling around and trying to locate when in hell it ended-up landing ...LOL

If it's a Type L size bobbin (I believe that's the size -- Consew 227R etc.) you can buy prewound bobbins in white and black thread that have built in magnets on the hole. These require that you remove that spring.

Super popular on embroidery machines.

But I always had tension issues with steel bobbins that I wind if I forgot to put it in.

Here's a picture. Look at the middle one.  The flex goes up.

51gE-ORoicL.jpg

Makes sense now.  Thanks for your help.  

8 hours ago, Constabulary said:

The blue is blue cause its blued ;) spring steel - I guess.

8 hours ago, nylonRigging said:

What is the 'Blue' ??? .. did someone put silicon adhesive to that case spring ?

Looks like blue steel oxide (from tempering).

It's odd, I've been running a seiko lcw8 for six months now and never experienced backlash, despite having no anti backlash spring. I run it hard (>2000SPM) and it has huge U type bobbins. Is it because it's a vertical axis hook? Used to get backlash all the time when I was running horizontal axis machines.