Sign in to follow this  
noobleather

Golf club covers

Just wondering if anyone has or knows where to get a pattern for golf drivers, irons or putter covers? Is there a Tandy pack or another company out there that makes them?I am keen to make some for myself and my father in law.

Any information would be appreciated

Never seen one, but surely a pattern would not be hard to make for some as basic as this. Probably the most important consideration would be the clearance inside the angle of the cover so the club can be extracted.

Will have to bring one to the next WALA meeting had see what you reckon

I've never come across anything. You may have stumbled on a new idea range. 

Perhaps if a cover was made in the way of an axe head cover?

As a golfer that has seen a lot of lost head covers over the years, if you put in the time to make them, make certain they stay securely on the club.  Some sets have grommets on them so that they can be connected together with cords.  You can then take one off, leave it hanging and put it on after you are through with the club.

Another consideration is rain.  If in an area where it rains frequently, and you find yourself out in it, make sure to waterproof the leather and to invest in a bag cover if you don't have one already.

18 hours ago, noobleather said:

the next WALA meeting

Sorry Mate, I can't make that one. I will be working.

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

Golf covers.jpg

They look really nice!pattern?

On 4/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, Tugadude said:

As a golfer that has seen a lot of lost head covers over the years, if you put in the time to make them, make certain they stay securely on the club.  Some sets have grommets on them so that they can be connected together with cords.  You can then take one off, leave it hanging and put it on after you are through with the club.

Another consideration is rain.  If in an area where it rains frequently, and you find yourself out in it, make sure to waterproof the leather and to invest in a bag cover if you don't have one already.

Thanks for that advise,I have only started golf this year, a lot to learn.

Living in Western Australia we don't get that much rain,but when it does rain it pours.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, Rockoboy said:

Sorry Mate, I can't make that one. I will be working.

Catch ya next month

I can give you some measurements for the driver that are pretty close. The only issue was getting the exact number of holes punched equally spaced to line up with the top line of the side piece. 

These are the measurements for my sisters fabric club cover. I think I used like 3-4 veg tan tooling leather so a bit stiff, no real give. It fits my more rounded head driver but you might want to add a bit to top line and round top for the more elongated driver heads

16” top line

14” bottom line

6” top circle

i can post a pic later on. But here’s a blade putter head cover I did too.

0EDC40C5-1281-41B7-B0F9-86EA0979585E.jpeg