HCLW

Singer 111 153w adjustments

I have an 111 153 that sews pretty good until you do a u turn to lock the stitches down. The bottom thread leaves a loop. The bobbin tension is at max. The knot is perfectly centered.  I’m turning it just when the needle starts back up. Any advice?

Edited by HCLW
More information

You’re spinning the work at the most crucial time when the hook is to pick up the loop! You need to spin it before the needle starts coming back up!

47 minutes ago, turbotexas said:

You’re spinning the work at the most crucial time when the hook is to pick up the loop! You need to spin it before the needle starts coming back up!

I think I’ve tried that but I’ll try again.

thanks 

19 minutes ago, HCLW said:

I think I’ve tried that but I’ll try again.

thanks 

On the downstroke

Turning just before bottoming out helped a little. Tightened bobbin thread helped just a little more but still leaves a loop. Turning a corner is usually ok but turning around to lock the stitches leaves at least a small loop half the time. Could it be a timing issue? I’ve checked the timing as best I know how and it seems ok to me. I have a cobra class 26 and all instructions I’ve seen says to turn your piece immediately after the needle starts up... confusing.

I have three machines and I always turn the piece around after the needle has risen about 1/4” so I am certain the hook has caught the loop.  Never have problems with loop at bottom, but maybe I am just lucky!

Gary

29 minutes ago, garypl said:

I have three machines and I always turn the piece around after the needle has risen about 1/4” so I am certain the hook has caught the loop.  Never have problems with loop at bottom, but maybe I am just lucky!

Gary

Yes, that’s what needs to be done! 

1 hour ago, HCLW said:

Turning just before bottoming out helped a little. 

You need to turn AFTER bottoming out, that way the shuttle has already picked up the thread! 

When you turn prematurely the thread gets “twisted” and is no longer in the proper position for the shuttle hook to pick it up!