Sign in to follow this  
Ed in Tx

New Tandy Pricing Rollout

I got an email today from Tandy announcing the rollout of their new pricing model. I am no fan of Tandy primarily due to the ridiculous pricing they have had and the requirement to buy an annual membership.

I decided to check out their claims of lower prices and much to my amazement they have indeed reduced their prices to almost reasonable levels. Personally I still think the prices for the veg tan tooling leather they sell are too high considering the quality of what you get but they are a big improvement.

The one item I wanted to check was the Eco-Flo Waterstain, they have indeed lowered the price substantially however it is still about $10 more for the 32 oz. size compared to the supplier I have been using. The same manufacturer Fenice of Italy without the Tandy label. The supplier (Campbell Randell) also sells the Fenice reducer which really helps with absorption into the leather.

In any case it looks like Tandy might actually have gotten their act together at least partially, a good change for sure.

Ed

Ed..
Deja vu..thread on it already..
https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/85596-tandy-pricing-structure-change/

Thought I would throw my .02 on this.  I received a letter from Tandy stating the new price roll out and I could pick up a gift card to refund my membership price or I could call and they would mail it to me.  I called earlier today and what a circus.  The lady on the phone tried everything to tell me I wasn't eligible for the gift card.  Finally after the 3rd time I told her they sent me the letter I didn't just call out of the blue she said she would send the card and "not argue" with me, after she had argued for 10 minutes.  I live 2 hours from the nearest Tandy and 6 hours from the nearest good Tandy.  I am only 3 hours from the leather store in Billings, MT I think my trips are going to be that direction from now on.  Really looking forward to the show in Sheridan in a couple weeks.

Todd