2 hours ago, dikman said:

Along those lines the NSW government and police recently created legislation that banned "Zombie knives"! I kid you not, it is written that it is illegal to own knives that are advertised as being intended to kill zombies.:lol::lol:

Stupidity knows no bounds......

Sorry fella, our Stupidity Factory is 3 years ahead of yours! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37080682

Edited by Matt S

And the stupid continue to lead the fearful. 

16 minutes ago, dikman said:

You win.

No mate, we all lose.

True, unfortunately.

Back on topic, FB has it's uses - I am on a closed group that was very helpful when I built my 3D printer - but I rarely use it for anything else as I don't like it. I've turned off every setting that I could find but keep getting "friend " suggestions, usually people that I don't know :rolleyes2:. Which, of course, I ignore. I can understand Brian trying to get more coverage for his products but their response is so hypocritical it's unbelievable.

FYI
One of Facebook's co-founders, Chris Hughes, believes Facebook has become so big and powerful* that it's time to break it up.
*It's influence and power are extremely far reaching, anti-leather is a tiny, tiny facet of it's power and influence over what people see, read, believe, accept, want, do not want.
Worth a read.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/opinion/sunday/chris-hughes-facebook-zuckerberg.html

Edited by mikesc

On 5/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, mikesc said:

FYI
One of Facebook's co-founders, Chris Hughes, believes Facebook has become so big and powerful* that it's time to break it up.
*It's influence and power are extremely far reaching, anti-leather is a tiny, tiny facet of it's power and influence over what people see, read, believe, accept, want, do not want.
Worth a read.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/opinion/sunday/chris-hughes-facebook-zuckerberg.html

That was an interesting read. Funny how he gets fined 5 billion and he still goes up 30 billion in the same year:dunno:. I guess the US gov cant really collect that sort of info directly for themselves on their own people and it would seem that he can help them out there. Many other countries would say that he was not a fit person to run such a business and break it up instead of fining him. Taking a leaf out of his book one would just copy the model and add a proper privacy storage system. As usual greed and apathy will prevail.:coffeecomp: