Just finished this from a pattern from Fischer Workshops.  He has great content on You Tube and really nice patterns and templates. 

P1030824 (800x533).jpg

That is one nice looking key fob. I like how the thread color compliments the red and black.

Good job.

Looks real smart!

Awesome looking key fob. The Chief Head button is a great touch.

Looks good. I've seen his tutorial before, just been too cheap to buy the template lol

Only comment is on the leather where it bends around the snap. Before you folded it over, it would have helped prevent the leather from cracking if you had wet the leather and waited a bit before bending.

9 hours ago, Halitech said:

Looks good. I've seen his tutorial before, just been too cheap to buy the template lol

Only comment is on the leather where it bends around the snap. Before you folded it over, it would have helped prevent the leather from cracking if you had wet the leather and waited a bit before bending.

I am using some "found" leather that is gosh been around for 15 years.  Funny I did not notice the cracking till I took the pics.  I want to use this leather up though.  So I am trying to slather on a bunch of neetsfoot oil before any hard bending.  

On 5/14/2019 at 12:06 AM, Toddo said:

Awesome looking key fob. The Chief Head button is a great touch.

I like it, but maybe not politically correct these days.  OH well............

6 hours ago, neilyeag said:

I am using some "found" leather that is gosh been around for 15 years.  Funny I did not notice the cracking till I took the pics.  I want to use this leather up though.  So I am trying to slather on a bunch of neetsfoot oil before any hard bending. 

Be careful with the oil, you don't need that much and if you have too much, your leather will end up being soft and mushy. You;d be better off giving it a light coat and then just wetting the area you'll be bending about 10 minutes before you want to bend it over to rivet.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:59 PM, Halitech said:

Be careful with the oil, you don't need that much and if you have too much, your leather will end up being soft and mushy. You;d be better off giving it a light coat and then just wetting the area you'll be bending about 10 minutes before you want to bend it over to rivet.

Thanks for the advice.