hey guys I keep reading that the fiebings pro dye are the best (I'm making leather goods that will be outdoors in the weather constatly). However I can't get pro dye in California. what's a good alternative?

On 5/9/2019 at 11:36 AM, Treesner said:

hey guys I keep reading that the fiebings pro dye are the best (I'm making leather goods that will be outdoors in the weather constatly). However I can't get pro dye in California. what's a good alternative?

1. Move to another state

2. Travel out of state to purchase

Tom

Maybe have a family member or friend that lives out of state buy it and send it to you.  Of course, I suspect if it's outlawed in CA, it's illegal for them to send it to you as well.

2 hours ago, GregS said:

Maybe have a family member or friend that lives out of state buy it and send it to you.  Of course, I suspect if it's outlawed in CA, it's illegal for them to send it to you as well.

... but DO NOT have plastic straws sent to you!
;)

Move to a friendly state or you might have to travel to another state. 

On 5/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Treesner said:

buy pre-dyed leather?

try making your own dye?

I only use Feibing's Acrylic dye as I cannot import the Pro-dye either. I just get on with the acrylic dye. And I've used some of Tandy's Eco-dye as well. ~Used proper its ok.

Edited by fredk