TanneryLEJA

Vegetable Leathers - Tannery LEJA

Dear Leatherworker Members,

We are a family owned tannery which is located in south of Poland.

One of our main products is vegetable leather which we would like to offer. We are producing vegetable leather in various sizes (double butts, sides, bellies etc.), colours and thicknesses. Please visit our web-site http://www.garbarnialeja.pl/strony/vegetable-leather to find out more information about our leathers.

We can deliver our leathers worldwide, also in small quantities. If You would be interested in price list, please send us an e-mail.

We are looking forward to hear from You :)

Best Regards,

Tannery LEJA

E-mail: garbarnia.leja@wp.pl

http://www.garbarnialeja.pl/home

Waksmundzka 193

34-400 Nowy Targ

Edited by TanneryLEJA

I saw nothing about pricing on your website. I see that you have a price list available for asking via email, but I think you'd be hard pressed to get many takers unless you post prices on your site as well as shipping costs, just as a matter of convenience. All online companies that I deal with do this. Of course, just my opinion.  Good luck with your new company.

Dear Tony,

Thank You for Your opinion.

We are a tannery, not an online shop that is why we do not have our prices/shipping costs on our web-site (in the future we are planning to open up an online store). In general tanneries on their main web-sites do not put their prices, however we have nothing to hide that is why below I am attaching our price list. Regarding the shipping costs, they are greatly dependent on ordered quantities and at this moment I am able to provide the price for transportation only after receiving a specific request.

Price List Tannery LEJA.pdf

Edited by TanneryLEJA

In general tanneries on their main web-sites do not put their prices

Indeed that is true where we are in Europe..I deal with French tanneries directly ( mainly for lambskin, sheepskin, goatskin etc ) ..I use less calfskin and cow, buffalo etc..but will be reading with interest your prices * :) ..The French tanneries do not normally give prices on their sites, one has to email them for a price list, ( and usually one has to provide a business registration number to receive a price list ) as TanneryLEJA says..

This prevents the "general public" ( our customers ), knowing the "raw materials" prices, many "customers" forget that they are paying for materials and expertise, especially expertise..( I know the prices that some tanneries pay for the skins that they tan, when we buy from them, we are also paying for their expertise )..and also giving prices out only in email to businesses, means that the tanneries do not waste their time with people wanting just one or two square feet.

For small amounts, most if not all European tanneries refer people ( public or business, artisans ) to their "resellers"..

*The minimum quantities for dyeing are interesting :)

edit..having read the price list..worth mentioning for non metric nations..

1 (sq meter) / (sq foot) = 10.7639104 sq feet
Ounces to mm or vice versa..Google / Bing / DDG it..
or Tandy has a conversion chart
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/leather-buying-guide.html

Edited by mikesc

5 hours ago, TonyRV2 said:

I saw nothing about pricing on your website. I see that you have a price list available for asking via email, but I think you'd be hard pressed to get many takers unless you post prices on your site as well as shipping costs, just as a matter of convenience. All online companies that I deal with do this. Of course, just my opinion.  Good luck with your new company.

My experience dealing with tanneries, wholesalers and curriers in the UK echoes Mike's exactly. There can be a huge range of reasons why industrial suppliers don't make their prices public knowledge and that's fairly common in many other industries too. Try finding a steelmill's price list for instance.

@TanneryLEJA Your leathers look great and prices quite reasonable. I might be in contact directly with you. Do you offer an English "bridle" (heavily compressed and greased) finish?

1 hour ago, mikesc said:

Ounces to mm or vice versa..Google / Bing / DDG it.. or Tandy has a conversion chart

Here is a conversion chart for all to see...

Leather Weight Conversion Chart.jpg

Edited by LatigoAmigo

That one 404s... try to re-upload it..( never mind..your "edit" corrected the link ).. :)p

Edited by mikesc

Thank You all for Your feedback.

I am attaching a new Price List, updated with ounces and sqft and minimum order for colour. Also I rearranged it a little bit so hopefully it is easier to read.

For the rest, I will get back to You tomorrow :)

6 hours ago, TanneryLEJA said:

Dear Tony,

Thank You for Your opinion.

We are a tannery, not an online shop that is why we do not have our prices/shipping costs on our web-site (in the future we are planning to open up an online store). In general tanneries on their main web-sites do not put their prices, however we have nothing to hide that is why below I am attaching our price list. Regarding the shipping costs, they are greatly dependent on ordered quantities and at this moment I am able to provide the price for transportation only after receiving a specific request.

I see....sorry for the confusion. 

Edit: Just looked over your price list and it looks very competitive. Approximately how much would it be to ship, for instance, a double shoulder to the U.S., or for whatever your minimum order might be.

Edited by TonyRV2

@LatigoAmigo..I only just noticed..my :) up there picked up a p ..no idea where that came from..( ah ..on my French keyboard p is just below ) ) must have hit both keys at once.. ( was in a hurry, didn't wait around to see the comment upload ) too late now to edit and remove it..my apologies..it was entirely inadvertent..

26 minutes ago, mikesc said:

it was entirely inadvertent

Thanks for the kind note.

No problem, I saw it as a very smiley face. What happened was I converted a spreadsheet to a JPG, and when posted it appeared very large, so I replaced it with a somewhat smaller image to make sure it was not too obnoxious. 

@Matt S Unfortunately, we do not have in our range bridle leather. However if You could send us a sample of required leather/finish, we would like to try to make it for You.

@TonyRV2 Minimum order quantity is 1 piece. Double shoulder (size around 0,8 to 1 sqm | 9 to 11 sqft) - price 30,5 to 33 Euro per sqm | 2,83 to 3,06 Euro per sqft

It would roughly cost to ship to US as following:

- 1 double shoulder - 34 Euro, 2 double shoulders - 48 Euro, 3 double shoulders 61 Euro - every extra shoulder is 13 Euro extra to shipment (we can have around 6-7 double shoulders in one package). If You would be interested we can discuss more details via email.

@Klaken It is not easy to answer this question, because firstly we would have to see this finished shoulder. The result will depend on the size of the shoulder, finishing type and thickness differences (current thickness and required thickness).  Once we see the leather and try a piece, then we can say if it is possible.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:34 PM, TanneryLEJA said:

@Klaken It is not easy to answer this question, because firstly we would have to see this finished shoulder. The result will depend on the size of the shoulder, finishing type and thickness differences (current thickness and required thickness).  Once we see the leather and try a piece, then we can say if it is possible.

Sorry I think I was a bit unclear what I meant, I was referring to the leather you sell as Finished vegetable tanned leather in English and in Polish I think it would be the 'Skóry roślinne wykańczane'

I apologize for the confusion. 

Yes, we can split and make Finished vegetable leather at required thickness.

Well, just giving some feedback....

I have bought two pieces of leather from Adrian, recently. One was half a skin and the other was a belly.  I found the half skin to be really good quality and the belly was pretty good too.

His initial postage quote was very expensive, but he was flexible enough to allow me to organize the courier and the postage dropped from 40 euros to 16 euros. So do not let the postage put you off.

I am so pleased with my order, I am waiting to order again.  Although it seems Christmas is a busy time for him... :)

So I would say, that you can order with confidence from Adrian

Hope that short review helps other people make their decision

Alex

Thank You for Your feedback Alex :)

In 2020 we have updated and more competitive price list !!!

Please see the list attached and visit Forum gallery to see pictures of our vegetable leathers :)

The prices for shipment within Europe starts from 21/26 Euros (depending on the country) for one or two leathers !

Price List Tannery LEJA 09.02.2020.pdf

Warm Regards,

Tannery LEJA