johnnyblaze

Claes Patcher Needles

I'm trying to locate some smaller needles for my Claes 8346-30 patcher.    (system 88 needles).  The smallest I've been able to locate online is size 100.  I would like to find some size 90.  In a previous post someone mentioned Mr. Lars Bethke at www.altenaehmaschine.de.  I sent him an email last week but he has not responded.  Looking at his ebay page it appears that something may have happened to him because numerous buyers reported they never received items they ordered last year.  I tried looking on ebay in Germany but didn't see any.   Can anyone suggest anywhere else to try?  

Thanks!!

I have no source - sorry! I would have suggested SHOE SYSTEM PLUS but seems their smallest size is 100. At LANDIS the smallest size seems to ne 100 as well.

Maybe LW Member SHOEPATCHER knows more.

Edited by Constabulary

Never have seen a places to get System#88 needles in size 90.  What are you sewing that you need a needle so small?

glenn

Actually www.altenaehmaschine.de shows the 90's in their inventory but the guy seems to have disappeared.  

I'm sewing some lighter weight polyester sail cloth.  The 100's are okay but I thought it would be interesting to see how far I can push the Claes.  Really impressed with this machine so far.  I've only done a bit of hand crank stitching but it never seems to miss a stitch.    

John.

Hello fellow sewers esp. Claes patcher owners. I recently purchased a Claes 8346-30 machine. The machine is very nice and responsive. A pack of Organ needles 88 DUX1, 150/6 came with the machine. Can someone please tell me where I can buy needle size #22 (140/22) and #24 (180/24) as I would like to sew with thread size up to 134. Can someone tell me if ONLY ORGAN NEEDLES are compatible with the Claes machine or are there other Brand names out there? I was told that only Organ needles are compatible.

The machine came with only 1 needle, size 170/7 for demo. purposes. Does anyone know where I can buy this size.

I would very much appreciate any feed back re, the Claes machine

Manyon (Canada)

Schmetz has them too & they  better quality than Organ.

Hi there. I just bought a old patcher - Metro Special, 9346, with 30 size bobbin and need advise about the right needle. It is marked 88, but where can I buy the right needle. Little bit confused of all the differences in name. I'm  looking for a 150-160 nm size 

regards Jan

I just bought out an older mans supply of industrial needles. He had been fixing industrial machines for about 60 years and said he never had a machine come in that he didn't have a needle for.

I stopped counting at 5000 and only had a good start. If someone can give me all the possible numbers ( needle system ) I will look I might have them.  Quite a few are round point so the right ones for clothe. I have as many as 2200 of some sizes. A lot are older new stock some likely even over 40 years old.  There are some 97x4 s  which I believe may not be made anymore. 

I am in Saskatchewan Canada I am willing to send them by mail.

Edited by catskin
Added location.

14 hours ago, catskin said:

I just bought out an older mans supply of industrial needles.

Have PM'd earlier today

On 5/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, JanMachine said:

Wow. I'm looking for this system if you have.2091468919_Claes88needle.thumb.png.31678cda96d1df636144027ad6b5ca41.png 

I will check and see if I have any.  Being that there are thousands and I just bought this bunch a week ago it might take a day or 2 to check all .  I will let you know what I find.

JanMachine.  You looking for leather point or round point.?  I have both.  The Metro Spezial you got was made by Claes for Pfaff.  It is their patcher.  Claes in everything but name.  I also have generic #30 bobbins that a friend of mine made years ago on a CNC mill.  Better than originals and cheaper.   

On 5/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, catskin said:

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

Catskin,

See what you have in 97 needles  both size and tip.  Also, any 126x11 needles in round point size #24/180?

glenn

2 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Catskin,

See what you have in 97 needles  both size and tip.  Also, any 126x11 needles in round point size #24/180?

glenn

I have 130, 97x4 needles in sizes 22 and 23  BUT I am dealing with someone that wants them all so unless we can't make suitable shipping arrangements I consider them sold.  I will check for others.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, JanMachine said:

Wow. I'm looking for this system if you have.2091468919_Claes88needle.thumb.png.31678cda96d1df636144027ad6b5ca41.png 

Have not found any of these yet.

Catskin,

sell them all.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:30 PM, shoepatcher said:

JanMachine.  You looking for leather point or round point.?  I have both.  The Metro Spezial you got was made by Claes for Pfaff.  It is their patcher.  Claes in everything but name.  I also have generic #30 bobbins that a friend of mine made years ago on a CNC mill.  Better than originals and cheaper.   

glenn

Oh, thank you Glenn. Great. I think leather point as big as the machine can handle.  I don't know anything about the Claes Machine, but it looks great and the 3-phase motor works well and the stitches are long and fine. I´m also interested in a couple of #30 bobbins. 

Jan

231_419756276.jpg

Edited by JanMachine

Its a 8345-30 - great machines CLAES are the best patcher machines you can find (and that says Singer nerd :lol:) . Longest stitch length, larges bobbin, highest foot lift and no bell crank lever that can wear down.

If you need manual or a parts list for this machine send me a PM. But I have no accessories for it - Glenn is you best source in this regard!

Thank you. Good to hear. What is the different between 9345 and 8345 ? Is it the same ? I also have an Adler Treadle 30-1. And "of course" a Singer 28 K71. An amazing small, handy and beauty machine. 

C889E07A-5889-439F-9836-AA0B5F49BEA7.jpeg

Edited by Northmount
Converted heic file to jpg and uploaded it

7 hours ago, JanMachine said:

Thank you. Good to hear. What is the different between 9345 and 8345 ? Is it the same ? I also have an Adler Treadle 30-1. And "of course" a Singer 28 K71. An amazing small, handy and beauty machine. 

C889E07A-5889-439F-9836-AA0B5F49BEA7.heic 1.46 MB · 7 downloads

Is there any chance you can convert that file into .jpg format and re-upload it? Windows users cannot view the .heic file format without a purchasing a special commercial decoder.

10 hours ago, JanMachine said:

What is the different between 9345 and 8345 ? Is it the same ?

to my knowledge it is the same. 9345 is the Pfaff / Metro number and 8345 the original CLAES Number