kayw

Trying to identify this clone sewing machine

This seems like some of the old Singers I have seen, and it is foreign either Japanese or ?  The bobbin is the same size as my Luberto #9.  KayW

2 hours ago, kayw said:

This seems like some of the old Singers I have seen

The singer equivalent would be the Singer class 45k and the new copy today would be the Cowboy CB2500. Yakamuto Seiko and a another make from japan made something similar i  think. The closest probably is the Cowboy CB2500.

This is a generic clone sold under several "badges" and quality levels. Sort of a Singer 45K inspired type of machine. The GA5-1R has reverse.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GA5-1-thick-sewing-machine/2018367505.html

Google images has a zillion to compare.

-DC

I would sure love to find a copy of a tech manual with a schematic of this machine.  I happen to own it and the bobbin housing needs a new spring.  Thanks for  the info and the website.  KayW

if the spring on the hook is worn / broken I would rather look for a new hook for a Singer 45K. The springs are not easy to replace sometimes because some have an odd little hook that goes into the hook body. These springs can also be slightly different depending on the hook manufacturer so they don´t necessarily fit universally. Guess how I figured ;)

The spring I was referring to is the one that opens the bobbin out from its housing when you depress the lever.  I have to admit that I don't know all the parts terminology as I would like.  That is also one of the reasons I need to find a tech manual that lists them.  Hey, thanks for your suggestions.  By the time I get more into my machines I am sure I will know much more.  Right now I am much like the Stohlmans as I do most of my stitching by hand.  I am getting more interested in sewing with my machines now as I get older (76) and my joints, etc. get more painful when I sew or stamp on leather.  KayW