Daviddm

Toledo or Leather Machine Co Servo motor

Could someone tell me the difference between Toledo's and Leather Machine Co Servo Motors, which one might be better than the other etc.  I will be buy one for a 31-15, just not sure which one yet.  I see they're $10 dollars apart and one has 3 year warranty and the other only 1.

I'm still learning and may not see what is the obvious to someone else.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Daviddm said:

Could someone tell me the difference between Toledo's and Leather Machine Co Servo Motors, which one might be better than the other etc.  I will be buy one for a 31-15, just not sure which one yet.  I see they're $10 dollars apart and one has 3 year warranty and the other only 1.

I'm still learning and may not see what is the obvious to someone else.

Thanks

The Cobra servo motor is brushless and has up/down pushbuttons to set the startup speed, top speed and direction or rotation. Being brushless means there are no graphite brushes to wear out. Pushbutton motors can be super confusing to configure, especially n the fly (almost can't be done). The ones I used started at about 100 rpm. The new motors may start slower.

The Family Sew motor sold by Toledo Industrial sewing Machines has graphite brushes and a single knob on the front to set the top speed. Direction can be changed on the back. They retrofit them with 50mm (2") pulleys for slower low speeds at more torque than the standard 70mm pulley. Most of these motors start at zero rpm and smoothly increase.

Thank you Wiz. I see you helping a lot of people on here. I try to browse and read as much of your stuff as possible.