Fantastic work, colors are spot on!

YinTx

Wow. I wish i had half that talent in my spare time. Nicely done

Great work! Awesome carving,colour work and stitching. 

Did you use a pattern for outline shape of the bobber seat or did you just do it by sight? Would like to see underneath the seat. 

Edited by noobleather

Hi I made the underside of the seat in 2mm steel plate using a paper pattern I made and cut out  . Welded in bolts and then riveted a piece of 2mm thick leather about 50mm wide around the underside of the steel plate and then glued on about 30mm thick hard foam. I carved the design on the leather that was cut out roughly the size +about 3” bigger of the seat then wetted the leather stretched it and bulldog clipped it around the edge of the seat . Waited for it to dry then glued it on. stitched round the edge and trimmed of the excess. Slicked the edge and dyed it and whala you have a seat . Hope this helps you if you decide to make one. I’ll try and put on a underside photo of the seat later . Ok  Ps when making your carving design just draw one side of it then trace it . Turn the tracing paper over and trace the other half . Photocopy the complete tracing paper design and wala you have your design ready to go.. I have put on another seat I made with a different design on it . Ok I’ll stop boring you now . Ha ha  

77BA0C6A-34E9-4568-8A46-4003BD443DA6.jpeg

Those cartridge case bags are lovely. My wife has submitted a 'present request' for me to make her a handbag in a similar style to those, but I've yet to work out a pattern.

Thanks for the compliment AndyNext . It took me a while to work out and make the patterns but got it sorted in the end . I have now got a set of paper patterns for my cartridge bags so if you need to pick my brains on how the bags are made . I’m no expert but ill try to help you out . Ok 

5 hours ago, Mudguts said:

......... so if you need to pick my brains on how the bags are made . I’m no expert but ill try to help you out . Ok 

Thanks,  I might take you up on that offer when the project goes 'live', i.e. before Christmas 2019, if I hit any issues!!!

Do you have any more pics of your bags?

Great stuff thanks for posting

Fantastic work!

Second all of the above, superb work. Was also curious about the cartridge bag construction, looks like that would take some working out, so thanks for extra pics. 

6 hours ago, AlexOstacchini said:

Second all of the above, superb work. Was also curious about the cartridge bag construction, looks like that would take some working out, so thanks for extra pics. 

6 hours ago, AlexOstacchini said:

Hi thanks for the good comments  . Your not wrong they do take a bit of working out but I have it sorted now . So If you ever decide to make yourself one . I won’t mind if you wanted to pick my brains and I’ll try to explain how I did it . Thanks again . 

Love these, especially the bags!