I just acquired a Consew 206RB-3 in near mint condition for $250.00 and am beside myself excited!  I have not used a walking foot machine prior to this and am wondering about any and all things related to it.  I am thinking a Servo motor might be the way for me to go but don't know what model or where to purchase? I am planning on sewing heavier fabrics and leather.

I have been reading everything I can get my hands on most of which has been online.  I do have operators manuals for ever Consew 206RB except the 3, (my model of course).  I have gone over the entire machine and everything seems to be working as it should.  I'm not certain but it looks like the oil wicks on the top of the machine may have gotten shredded, (I've included some photos).  I have been searching online for replacement oil wicks and haven't found any.  Does anyone have a source for those?  Also are there supposed to be any wicks in or around the needle bar area?

Is there anyone out there that lives in the Lexington, Kentucky or Ohio that may have sources for supplies like thread, needles and etc., or even online sources that can help someone like myself new to this kind of machine?  Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Heidi

,IMG_4075.jpg.cc37591efc871d11de63b6f3fbf2ee04.jpgIMG_4076.jpg.a22d5c21039ea16e4ecf338526c3fa30.jpg

Heidi - sounds like you got a good buy there.  The wick does run underneath the bar in your photo.

Contact Bob at Toledo Industrial for parts, thread, needles, etc.  He should have everything you need and he is an advertiser here.  He’s up in Toledo, OH

Gary

Thanks, Gary!  I sent an email to Bob at Toledo and look forward to hearing from him.

Heidi

This came up just a few weeks ago on another thread here;

CLICK HERE

Thanks Gregg from Keystone.  The pics really help!

Heidi