Sign in to follow this  
JC2019

Is goldstar tool a known trusted supplier?

https://www.goldstartool.com/

Per my other post, looking up machines. Might end up going new.

I am wondering what I need to look for when buying a new machine? Is there a list of official suppiers of say Juki and Techsew machines? Would I need to buy from an official place to get a warranty?

Thanks

Edited by JC2019

2 hours ago, JC2019 said:

This dealer, whom I had no knowledge of before today, is not a reseller of "Techsew." They carry similar sounding brands called "New Tech" and "SewTech." All warranty and servicing will be through them, not the manufacturers (that's how dealership arrangements usually work, with the exception of drop ship agents who are not usually responsible at all). You should call and ask about in-store or on-location servicing and warranties before buying from them. They do mention that all machines are shipped un-assembled unless you pay more for assembly.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

This dealer, whom I had no knowledge of before today, is not a reseller of "Techsew." They carry similar sounding brands called "New Tech" and "SewTech." All warranty and servicing will be through them, not the manufacturers (that's how dealership arrangements usually work, with the exception of drop ship agents who are not usually responsible at all). You should call and ask about in-store or on-location servicing and warranties before buying from them. They do mention that all machines are shipped un-assembled unless you pay more for assembly.

Good to know. Do Juki usually doesnt provide a warranty themselves? Dealers would be who I would go to? 

For assembly, is that something that can be done in a few hours or is it pretty complicated?

Juki ( new ) will cost you more money than a new "clone"..

Dealers are who you go to..
Juki guarantee through their dealers ..like Ford do..
Assembly ( and setting up ) is complicated ( not "pretty" , but very ) ..especially if you have not much experience with sewing machines..
If you are buying new ..you need to buy "set up" "on table" "tested" and "sewn off"..
That applies no matter what brand of new machine you buy..unless you are very experienced, and have access to the mechanics manual ..and time to spare..

I have one of their rivet presses I bought a few years ago. Worked great, and no problems with shipment