A friend of mine give me a small container of a product named Tackote.  He got it off of a vendor at the Sheridan Leather Show several years ago.  I have not been able to get an address, phone# or web site for this product.  It is really good for polishing edges.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks  Ken

it's a product old as the world, it's tragacanth gum.

I use it for my leather works ( very often ) and in my kitchen works ( when the recipe ask it) and my wife use it for his hair.....

Nope,  Not Fiebings Tan Kote nor Gum of Tragacanth.  I have both of them and it is neither.  It is a white paste and works wonders finishing edges.  However there is no information on the jar about who makes it, or sells it.  It is a shame as it is a great product.

Hmmm... if you cannot find it, you might try some Tokonole (from Japan).  It comes in a jar, looks and smells something like Elmer's Glue All.  I just tried it for the first time, on my last project.  I applied it with a Q-tip but would like to find a better method, but even if I don't, I will be using it exclusively.  I much prefer it to Gum Tragacanth.  Better results.  I used it for burnishing the edges and flesh side on a holster.  It darkens the leather.  That may be a plus or a minus depending.  For this project, it darkened the blue edge to nearly black, which was great for me.  Maybe Elmer's would work too!  If I had some on hand, I would try it.  I applied the Tokonole, let it soak in and then burnished as usual.  Really great stuff.  I may need to change my screen name to wizard of tokonole. :) 

251089320_smallpic.jpg.a474db755539934b97e05507685a6b07.jpg

Edited by wizard of tragacanth