I'm new to leather work what tools do i need to get started 

That very much depends on what you would like to build. Making a knife sheet is not the same as making an attache briefcase, nor is a horse saddle. 

If you have a specific thing in mind - that would help decide what tools you need at a minimum and you can always expand from there.

One advice I can give is try not to buy the cheapest tools, they will serve you poorly and they can actually ruin the experience so you would never want to work with leather again. I am not saying to get the most expensive tools out there but try to get a good tool that can actually help you in your work. If you discover you don't like leather work or you don't have the time any more a good tool can be sold while the cheapest tools will end up in a bin.

So, what would you like to make?

2 hours ago, Dylanxd2 said:

I'm new to leather work what tools do i need to get started 

There are literally dozens of threads on this forum that will be helpful.  Some folks have compiled long lists of "must haves" and others have listed various recommended vendors.  I recommend that you get a hard copy of the Tandy and Springfield Leather Company catalogs.  They show all kinds of tools and will help educate you in the process.

There is a section in the forums titled "Getting Started" which is a good place to begin depending on what you're planning to get into. 

Here is a recent discussion on the same thing. There's links to the different recommended sets too. This should help.