jegenes

Thread size for Adler needle bar screw

Hi all,

Am piecing together an Adler 767 flatbed machine. Compound feed (walking foot). I'm missing the little thread guide and screw that is attached to the needle bar. It's the last guide that the thread goes through before it's threaded through the needle. Will probably just make a wire thread guide myself, but still need that little screw that holds it to the needle bar.

Looks like a very small screw, and I'm guessing it's metric. I'm in New Zealand, and it's not all that easy to just go down to the hardware store and buy a handful of screws in order to match it up. If anyone knows the size, it'd probably save me a few trips to town [grin].

--john

This is a special screw.  Hardware store will not have it and the needle bar is hardened so do not try to re-tap it.  I an just headed off to holiday so I cannot get you a part number until early you next week.  I suggest you check on line to see where you can order Adler parts in your neck of the woods.  Is the machine grey colored or white?    DAP which is Durkopp, Adler ,Pfaff has a large parts dept. near Atlanta Georgia.  They will ship from there.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

I think you'll find it is this one
https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/9203001807-THREAD-GUIDE-SCREW-

btw..note it says that it is the same screw for "Needle bar thread guide retaining screw for Adler 367,467,767 machines."

You might be able to get one closer to home..someone might have one of those machines and can measure the screw dimensions and thread pitch for you..

College Sewing operate a minimum order amount..I remember it as about €25 or equivalent, so if you get from them you may as well add in any other parts that you'll be wanting to replace / renew..They are very good to deal with..very efficient and helpful.

Edited by mikesc

Thanks a lot, Glenn and mikesc. Those are the right parts (screw and thread guide). And they'll even let me order less than the minimum £25, but the shipping is almost £40, which is about $80NZD. Adler seems to have bailed out of New Zealand, due to some sort of argument with their dealer here, so unless I can find a local repairman with a used one, I'll probably have to make a thread guide and figure out the screw's size & pitch. Back when I had my shop I would have had dozens of these things in a drawer [grin]. Thanks again for the tip.   best,  -john

£
Edited by jegenes