CamaroMan

New servo motor on singer 112w runs for 2s when powered on

Every time i power on the machine it runs for 2s then stops and waits, it works perfectly after that.. Ive made sure the pedal is a 1/4 inch from the start position but still does it - its seen about 30mins of use since we bought it last yr.. Works gr8 otherwise - 

any ideas? Its a juki rm controllable servo - 100 bucks on amazon..

Does it have needle position capability? It sounds like the NPS system is enabled and it is trying to get a position signal from the sensor. If the sensor is not connected it will give up after 2 revolutions.

I couldn't find any servo motor made by Juki on Amazon, could you provide a link to the servo motor.

kgg

14 hours ago, JJN said:

Does it have needle position capability? It sounds like the NPS system is enabled and it is trying to get a position signal from the sensor. If the sensor is not connected it will give up after 2 revolutions.

This. I have a Jack servo with a needle positioner/synchro. On power-on it spins until it reaches its programmed position. If the machine can't turn, or the sensor isn't fitted, it spins for about 2 seconds.

On a similar motor the fix would be to set the syncho position to "none" or "off".