Adam092186

A few guitar straps

My name is Adam Fisher. I’ve been a lurker for a while now, and figured it was time to contribute a bit. I make guitar straps in Nashville TN. Please enjoy! Critiques welcome. 

2C056460-34CF-4A98-A2B9-1AEB822F20CE.jpeg

Those are fantastic!  By all means, please stop lurking, share those things!  Awesome work, very inspiring.

YinTx

Very nice straps. Bit of a niche market there, I imagine. Keep sharing your pictures as well as your knowledge.

Thank you, folks! It’s a niche for sure, but I really like the idea of making stage wear. I’ve always been a country music fan, and the straps that guys like Merle, Waylon, paycheck, Glenn Campbell etc. wore were so iconic to me. I wanted to bring back custom leather stage pieces. 

Wonderful! Really like the one with the two birds in the centre. And love the eye- rattlesnake? JayInOz

I really appreciate the kind words, y’all! Thank you. The eye was an alligator. The client graduated from Florida State, and instead of going strait FSU we decided to mask it a little bit and just use elements of the gator, and vegetation indigenous to Florida. I try to hide meanings in each piece I make!

Fantastic work! How many years have you been at it? Very inspirational!

Incredible work! I'm about to make a custom bass strap for my daughter. It looks like you've got at least a couple belts with lining. Did you use pigskin? Was it already dyed? Did you apply anything to make sure the dye wouldn't bleed onto clothing (from friction or sweat)? Can you recommend a source? Thanks.

I use garment leather for most all my backings now. You can find it in any color/thickness that your project calls for.  For the most part it’s already treated, and won’t wear off on clothing. I have used backings that I have had to dye, but even with a few seal coats, over time, it will still bleed on to the wearers clothes. As far as source, Tandy, and Weaver leather have plenty of color, and skin choices. For anything I want to have a more unique/weird look, I scower the internet until I find something close to what I’m looking for. 

hope this helps, man!

And thank you for your kind words, by the way!

How comfortable is that lacing that wraps around the outside of that nice looking strap? I just made my first guitar strap and am debating doing the same thing. Does it rub on the persons playing the guitar neck?