Parott1

Coats dabond

Does anyone know of a supplier in the U.S. that carries Coats Dabond in 277?  I have a wholesale customer that wanted me to use this on their products, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I emailed coats on several occasions and didn’t receive anything back.

Thanks for any help!

you might contact ralph's industral sewing in denver , they sell a lot of thread. they have it made with their label. i'd ask to see who's they use

I’ll give them a shout!  Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!

Parott1, since your customer is being very specific about the thread being used you don't want to be responsible for future repairs or replacement of items related to thread issues. I would call the customer and ask why they are specifically asking for Coats Dabond. I like the Coats Dabond Bonded Polyester for it's resistance to consistent abuse, washing, bleaching and drying. They must have a reason related to the thread specs/performance then check with American & Efird (800-861-3256) and ask what their recommendation and equivalent thread spec / performance is.

When purchasing quality thread stick with a real manufacturer, piece of mind.

I would avoid purchasing just some dealers relabelled thread made by some manufacturer from somewhere in the world for a slight price difference. Maybe great thread or poor quality stuff no way of knowing. With a real manufacturer you can get the technical spec for a particular thread so you know what it was designed for. Otherwise the only thing you know for sure is the colour and size. American & Efird is a major manufacturer like Coats with similar pricing, readily available and technical specs are available.

kgg