Badtemperd

Cobra class 4 tension hell

My machine was working fine, then the top thread snapped.  I tried pulling out more top thread and notice the tension was so tight the thread couldn't move.  I tried loosening it but no matter how much I turn it it won't adjust until after I sew for a second then it adjusts to either very loose or to tight, with no in between.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, any suggestions?

Hi,

Pictures please. How are your tensionscrews?

You may find something of use in this post-

I dont know if you got this working or not but if the top is super tight, check the linkage for the presser foot.  I noticed I had trouble a couple times and the thread coming along the top of the machine somehow go caught in the mechanism on the back just before the secondary tension.  It makes the stitches get really short then the thread breaks.

Todd

I'd give a call to Leather Machine company. Steve and his crew have always given great service. Before calling double check you are threading correctly and for snags. 

Forgot i posted this.  Called Leather Machine Company, they were doing a trade show close by.  Brought the machine in, turned out it was the machine.  They replaced it!  best customer service!  A+

7 hours ago, Badtemperd said:

Forgot i posted this.  Called Leather Machine Company, they were doing a trade show close by.  Brought the machine in, turned out it was the machine.  They replaced it!  best customer service!  A+

So they left you still not knowing the cause of the problem?  How will you avoid it happening AGAIN if you don't know what it was? "never mind the problem - we'll just swap it for another one that may do the same" doesn't strike me as "customer service"?

To be honest I was recovering from heart surgery two weeks prior.  Due to the timing of the trade show, I didn't have much choice.  They were close by and it saved on shipping cost, (I didn't know at the time if was something I had done.)  All that said none of that was their fault.  They actually walked out to the vehicle with me, inspected the machine, hauled it into the trade show, got me and the wife into the show.  They explained to us what the issue was, but by that time I was hurting pretty bad, I remember it was minor, and he could tell I was hurting so rather than making me wait for them to fix it, they just gave me a new machine and sent us on our way.  I have used it almost daily since then with no issues.      

Sounds to me like you did get A+ customer service!

jr