RockyAussie

Past posts linked into my profile ..about me

I have noticed I have a few new followers of late and I have been trying to find an easier way to refer them to some post or other that may be relevant to their questions. At long last I think I have found a way to do it by posting them into my profile section under the heading "About Me". So whether your a new or old follower or just curious you may find find something that you have not seen before. If there is anything in them that you would like to know more about please ask the questions within their post and I will try and answer it if I can. Please feel free to advise anyone to check them out if you think that it may be of help to them. :head_hurts_kr:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/profile/71895-rockyaussie/?tab=field_core_pfield_14

Brian

Thanks Brian. With all the 3d printing and crocodile wrestling you do, I appreciate you taking the time to help folks out.

Just now, bikermutt07 said:

Thanks Brian. With all the 3d printing and crocodile wrestling you do, I appreciate you taking the time to help folks out.

Thanks @bikermutt07 I love doin it ....I just hope that others love it too.

Can anyone tell me if the links are working alright from here and in the profile?

I see a lot of links showing under there, seems to be working well!

YinTx

8 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

if the links are working

Looks all good to me, working as required.

That seems to work really well. Another rabbit hole I just had to chase to the end. Thank you very much!:notworthy:

Thanks for that ....without any comments I was starting to wonder if they were visible to anyone or not. It will save me some time at least as I wont have to spend ages trying to find them when I want to refer to them now. With the new site changes all of my old bookmarks would only take me to the main forum page and then I had to do a search for the subject from there. Now I can get back to making some more ......hopefully better postings .....and know where to find them:Lighten:

Question......I am thinking of making a new post on how I apply edging to products and all of the associated steps involved. Any other thoughts or requests ??

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, RockyAussie said:

Any other thoughts or requests ??

Ummm ... can I request you "show everything about edging all types of leather"? please. :popcorn:

I can not get my head around oiling before or after applying a dye finish, what wax will do to stop, or not stop, a finish sticking and edge paint is a whole' nother can of worms!

Thank you for taking the time to attempt to ejumicate numpties like me!

I would be interested about your history with leather, there must be a interesting story from when you started, to how you get to the fine products you make these days

Been traveling so I hadn't had a chance to take a look at your new link.  Love it.  Thank you for all the knowledge you are so willing to share. 

8 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Been traveling so I hadn't had a chance to take a look at your new link.  Love it.  Thank you for all the knowledge you are so willing to share. 

Thanks for that. I hope I can get better at doing it as I go. My old camera is about had it now so I'm going to have to see if I can find one that is simple enough to get my head around.

9 hours ago, chrisash said:

I would be interested about your history with leather, there must be a interesting story from when you started, to how you get to the fine products you make these days

Yeah ....I should put something in the "about me" section along that line I guess. Whether its interesting or not ......:dunno:. I suppose a good story teller could make it sound that way.:P

11 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

Ummm ... can I request you "show everything about edging all types of leather"? please. :popcorn:

I can not get my head around oiling before or after applying a dye finish, what wax will do to stop, or not stop, a finish sticking and edge paint is a whole' nother can of worms!

Thank you for taking the time to attempt to ejumicate numpties like me!

I had to ask didn't I :head_hurts_kr: Soon as I get a new camera sorted I will do a run down on how I apply edge paint on to the products and wax finish at the end etc. For the moment.....Paint does not stick to oil or wax and hangs onto a rough surface better than a slippery smooth surface. Trust me caus Now I'm an ejumicator :thinking:....:crazy:

Here is a link to my latest one that shows some on how I use edge paint -