kgg

Cowboy Dealer in Ontario

Happen to be looking on kijiji.ca for sewing machines in Ontario and came across an add called "Cowboy Industrial Leather Sewing Machines" with this as a description " Looking for a new Industrial leather sewing machine then you need to look at a Cowboy. We are the new dealer in Ontario." located in Barrie, ON L4N 2N1. No other contact info except they have 52 vehicle adds. Just found it to be interesting.

kgg

I don't know anything about the dealer, but I very happy with my Cowboy sewing machine

I figured I put it out there just in case someone was looking but did find it curious, no listing on Cowboy website, no phone number or business name mentioned and whether they were a sewing machine retailer /repair business.

kgg

Edited by kgg
word missing

It could be just an unscrupulous crook's spamming attempt, which it likely is. "We are the dealer" adds weight to the listing and they are hoping somebody falls for it.

I just rechecked the ad and the now listed telephone number is for Labar Sales and Distribution. " Labar Sales has been Barrie's Premier Residential & Commercial Supply store for Para Paint, Stains, Window Coverings, and so much more for over 25 years! ". On first blush their description of their business really doesn't instill confidence for sewing machine sales /service.

kgg

Most domestic sewing machines ( even the highly expensive , ( more more expensive than many new industrial machine clones ) , versions of Pfaff, Janome etc ) here are sold by shops who sell vacuum cleaners and steam irons..Their idea of servicing and even of parts stocking, is a bad joke..

I've spoken with Cowboy USA.  At this time, he is an authorized dealer who is just starting out. 
Everyone starts somewhere, right?   I remember when I had 5, and ONLY 5 machines in my shop.   It will take time for him to establish himself in the market, and develop product knowledge.  If you're in the area, you might want to check them out.