Hi Folks,

I have a new to me Consew 227 post bed. The stitch length should range from slightly more than four SPI to twelve SPI, according to the stitch length selector. However something is misadjusted and the actual range is eight SPI to sixteen SPI. I'm not afraid to make adjustments, but it's not clear how to make this adjustment, so I want to take it apart to understand how it works. This involves removing the drive pulley, which I've done before to change the internal belt and I understand how that works. My problem is the drive pulley is held on by the stitch length adjustment knob, and I can't see how to remove that. Can anybody advise me?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.

Seriously? Nobody can give me any advice about this sewing machine? Guys, please...

Chris.

A Consew 227 is not a post bed machine and it often helps when you add pictures cause sewing machines sometimes come in variations. Furthermore - you have to be patient. We are all doing this for fun and not for money and not everyone is reading all sewing machine posts.

I´m guessing your 227 is an early model with stitch length adjuster as used on the Singer 153 and w/o reverse - right? If so - turn the adjuster knob to the far right and pull it out (has a long thin rod with pointed tip). Installing is just the other way around. I have 3 Singer machines with this kind of adjuster so I know it works.

This is an extract from a Singer manual - should give you an idea how to alter the stitch length settings.

image.thumb.png.736d36eadbc77f552b7f735c7330a01c.png