Is anyone attending Weaver's annual consignment sale this year?   Does anyone order buy on that sale?  Thanks  Ken

I am thinking about going.  Never been to that event before but they're about an hour's drive south of me.  I've had my eye on their manual strap cutter for about a year now and if they have a deal on it I might be able to shell out for it.  I'm wholesale with them and they had a deal in the last few weeks of last year for 10% off wholesale but I did not have the cash at that time. 

My family and I go. We've been going for a few years now. It's a huge sale. Wednesday is the leather and Thursday is the tools. Weaver usually puts some leather and tools into the sale so you can get some great deals. If you haven't gone before I recommend going at least once. Here's some pics from last year. These were taken on Wednesday so it's not all the equipment.IMG_1454.thumb.jpg.ae9ab7041280adaa242555ef7df791ee.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Edited by arashikage

What a time to be broke ;-(

45 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

I totally understand. I've been going for a few years and this is actually the first year that I'm not broke. It's hard to watch Singer patchers, in perfect condition, go for less than $200 when you don't have the money.

What were the heavy single needle stitchers bringing last year?  I asked weaver to send me a sale sheet.  One page and not much on it. I would like to find a Luberto's Classic.

Edited by Ken Nelson
spelling

37 minutes ago, Ken Nelson said:

What were the heavy single needle stitchers bringing last year?  I asked weaver to send me a sale sheet.  One page and not much on it. I would like to find a Luberto's Classic.

Depends, but there was a Ferdco with nothing wrong that went for less than $500. Some Cowboy stitchers brought close to $1000. Pfaffs and Adlers usually bring good money. Usually close to $2000. Still less than retail but high compared to everything else.

Typically machines like a Luberto go a little higher because of the Amish that are there. So hand crank and pedal machines go a little higher than electric only. There were a few pedal Union Lockstitch machines that brought a couple hundred each. 

I did see on their flyer that they will be demonstrating their new Cub at the auction this year.

Weaver doesn't seem to do much with sale sheets. Last year was the first I saw that they pushed one out early but that was because they had a big manufacturer go out of business and they brought everything to the sale.

4 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

What a time to be 18,000kms away! :(

Those 18000k at least keeps your other half happy:rolleyes2:

great Auction.  I went last year and bought my Adler 669 head for 10% off cash and carry.  They had more machinery last year for sale than in any previous year.  Could not get it all under the tent!  You need a machine go.  You can test sew any of the new machines they have.  Well worth the trip.

glenn

On 6/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, SolarLeatherMachines said:

I've been thinking about hosting an event like this down in the DFW area.  I guess it just depends on interest. 

If you have prices like those being discussed, I imagine you will garner a lot of interest.  I'd drive the 9 hours to see it.

YinTx

On 6/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, YinTx said:

If you have prices like those being discussed, I imagine you will garner a lot of interest.  I'd drive the 9 hours to see it.

YinTx

It's not me that sets the prices.  That's how auctions work.   I'd have to get enough people interested in it.  

You'd have to set "reserve prices" ( prices below which you do not / will not sell ) for each item, otherwise you'd go broke..
We / you, do not want that.. :)

Reading what shoepatcher said about the weaver "auction..

I went last year and bought my Adler 669 head for 10% off cash and carry.

It sounds like some of what they have is not "auction" ( highest "bid" wins the lot ), but is "sale", or "reduced" to clear..

17 minutes ago, mikesc said:

It sounds like some of what they have is not "auction" ( highest "bid" wins the lot ), but is "sale", or "reduced" to clear..

Weaver still has their retail going during the auction. Usually offering discounts. You can place an order from anything in their catalog and pick it up later that day. Although Weaver will put some new items into the actual auction.