kiwican

Campaign stool leg binding

Hey all. I'm making a campaign stool for my boy but instead of using bolts to join the legs I want to use leather. I'm thinking something along the lines of a leather band which is nailed or screwed to the one of the legs and the band stitched closed to form the loop. Has anyone seen or done this before? I've only found one example online 

Screenshot_2019-06-11-15-53-22.png

I can see two screw / nail heads there , and some sort of block around the leg to the left of the band, that the screw there appears to be fixed into, probably the leg that we can't see ( at the point where it is attached ) also has a "block" and a screw or nail too..May be a bit more complex ( but still "do-able" ) than at first sight.

Good call out! I see some over lap on the band in that pic too. I have some bridal leather I might try with. And some upholstery nails. 

Screenshot_2019-06-11-15-53-47.png

I've seen one where the "pivot" was made with a turks head, prevented from slipping down with some large fencing staples.