So this is my first Tooled belt I was very happy with how it turned out. 8oz w&c with a 4oz liner. Machine stitched. My hats off to those that hand stitch belts. I don’t know if it’s just me but there seems to be quite a learning curve with carving and tooling w&c compared to other veg tan leathers. 

B575774C-1F1F-4367-A614-B05E4DB13A27.jpeg

F53D115C-A4A8-49D9-935D-FF1972A38657.jpeg

1FEAE393-C75C-4DFA-A5EE-F4CFF41CEBD5.jpeg

2AB33F0F-EE9C-4FDE-B3DF-39D7BDC9E7BA.jpeg

Beautiful. Well done.

Nice! Might be your first belt, but it's definitely not the first tooling you've done:)  JayInOz

Thank you. No I started with the tooling when I first got into leather last year. And try and challenge my self more and more with each new project. The thing I’m trying to iron out is the flow of the design when drawing my artwork. It’s getting better the more I do. So I guess like most things practice is key. I’m definitely looking forward to more tooled belts. 

That looks very classy. I'm a big fan of tooling that peaks beyond the border lines. I'm not even sure why I am a fan of that, but I'm wholeheartedly for stepping outside of borders.

Mutt I am as well. Don’t get me wrong traditional tooled belts that stay in the border are wonderful but they also look very framed to me. I think moving in and out of the border helps with the personality of the piece your working on each one will have its own unique feel.