Hey everyone,

Haven't posted for a little bit, but here it goes. I am almost finished with my recurve quiver for archery. I used 7 to 9 oz. Leather and tooled in the house stark sigil. Hand stitched with fiebings briar brown antiquing gel. I still have to burnish the edges and do the pouch that will connect to the hole you see cut. I am also going to make a custom belt to go with it. The rabbit fur is from hunting with my brother. He dyed it to a brown but not sure how he did it. Had to resize the images to fit on here. So quality is not the greatest

IMG_20190607_000116_01_resize_3.jpg

IMG_20190607_000116_02_resize_9.jpg

20190526_211849_resize_56.jpg

IMG_20190607_000059_01_resize_16.jpg

Edited by dwdwannabe
Forgotten information

Looking good! Excuse me for being a bit slow, but how do you intend to wear it? On a belt, facing back as a field quiver I'm guessing. Forward as a hip quiver would hide too much of your nice tooling.  And eleven posts in six years? I hope you have a good reason for that:)  I went to school briefly with an American kid named Douglas Jensen from Salt Lake City Utah. His Dad was out here for a year or so building  Mormon churches. Haven't seen him in fifty five years and still remember his exact address. How weird is that? :) JayInOz

JayInOz,

Thank you for the comments. I will actually be wearing it on a belt facing back as a field quiver. I shoot with a group of guys that do barebow recurves in salt lake city. I was able to repair an old recurve bow that my father made in shop class in high school. The colors match the bow and I was able to locate some gold tip traditional arrows that have a really nice wood look to them. I will be fletching them with feathers. One of the stipulations for the group is that you have to have all homemade gear. Figured if would go medieval and go all out. I still have to make the bag and the belth that will go with it.

might i suggest a matching arm guard to complete the look.  It looks great, well done.

Thanks for the comments Sperrier,

I wish I could load higher quality images. Unfortunately with the image size most of the details are cut out.

I am actually working on that now as we speak. I will post pictures of it here when I get it done. Had to go to the leather store to grab a smaller tool for the armguard so I could make the serpentine border. 

Looking forward to pictures of the armguard! I had one made in Holland for my wife as part of her birthday present last month. How slack is that when I have full hides looking at me in the corner:) I was going to post a picture of the one I bought but it isn't showing on their website for some reason. Anyway, this is them.

https://fairbowshop.nl/

They make a lot of nice stuff. And if it loads in Dutch just click on the little British flag top right. Do you have a first name? Dwdwannabe hurts my finger:) JayInOz

Looks awsome man quivers are what got the leather bug started for me I've been big into traditional archery for years and never had a back quiver so I decided to make one and trapped a beaver and tanned the hide and put it around the top like you did with the rabbit just out of curiosity how did you go about stitching yours on